Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Easter weekend riding plans
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

I know the weekend is still a couple of days away but I need some inspiration. So what are folks riding plans for the 4 day weekend? Or will it be time to spend with the family, the bike looking forgotten and unloved in the shed?

kimbers

service commuter bike, it needs some TLC!

im off on the thursday- take the kids for a ride in the trailer, picnic etc

family stuff all weekend then hopefully a day at cwmcarn on the tuesday, possibly a day at aston or chicksands if I cant get to wales

jekkyl

I’m going to visit my mum who lives near Bath now, a village called Saltford. I’m taking my bike and plan to link up some bridleways and rural roads on my hardtail first thing on saturday morning dawn till about 10am if the wife’ll let me. Then on monday it’s going to be a big ride day, my mate isn’t sure if he can get away yet so it might be on my own. Undecided yet between, Cannock, Macc Forest or a BIG local ride taking in a few forest, hills, ncns and bridleways.
    Have Fun !

mrblobby
    Free Member

At the inlaws down Somerset way… but I can take the bike and do a days riding on Friday 🙂 Thinking of a good hundred on the road bike, maybe over towards the Quantocks, or down to the coast. Trying not to get too excited about it though as something will likely come up that’ll mean a change of plan.

fathomer

Hopefully a ride in the Peak on Friday, thinking Cutgate.

Saturday I think we’re doing a walk with friends in North Wales with friends, camping the night and biking at Degla on Sunday.

Monday not sure, hopefully it’ll involve a bike!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Missus working Friday and on call Friday night, so hopefully if it’s a quiet one off Saturday with the bikes for beer and riding.

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

Friday – 50k Clwyds loop.
    Saturday – night ride after work.
    Sunday – Marin and Penmachno.
    Monday 50k Clwyds loop reverse.

Waiting for the weather to turn horrendous now!

funkhouser
    Free Member

local spin friday morning. Saturday to Gisburn for a circuit in AM and then Cockhill in the avo, then thinking Stiniog on Monday.

ransos
    Free Member
    carlos
    Free Member

Thursday evening with the usual local’ish trails and hills on the Mtb. Out on the Roadie Friday am, Saturday all day at Penmachno and maybe Llandegla on the way back. Sunday with the Mrs and not got round to discussing Monday yet

Got my fingers crossed that the weather holds.

Houns

Working 4 x 10.5 hour shifts.

Hope it pisses it down 😡

fr0sty125
    Free Member

White Peaks Wednesday evening, Cannock Chase on Friday, Dark Peaks on Saturday rest on Sunday I haven’t decided about Monday yet but I will go for a ride somewhere…

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Local road loop on Friday, couple of laps at Brechfa on Saturday, Afan on Sunday to try Blade and some off piste stuff, then an uplift at Bike Park Wales on Monday.

That should do.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Mendip with the boys on Friday, road on Saturday, then Mendip again on Sunday, but taking junior C out too, should be fun

kilo

Road bike this weekend with Mrs Kilo, hoping to get a few days of steady longish rides in, preparing for sani2c 2014 fortunately we will be riding in the Iveragh peninsula so the roads will be nice and quite and we may catch a look the local 4 day stage race as well. May combine training wih copious alcohol intake 😀

spacehopper

none.. 🙁

and the weather has been lovely these past few days..!

stuck off the bike until the 12th of may with metal pins in my little toes..

im probably going to miss all of the bluebells this year!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m doing the full length Shipwrights Way, top to bottom (home) on my TCX Advance. MrsBouys dropping me off near Bentley (Hants) then I’m hacking the 50 miles all the wayyyyyy hoooommmeee!!!!
    Then, well I’ll roadie my little ass off all over the South Downs.
    I’ll wave if you do 😆

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I think this is the first time in about 18 years that I’ve had Good Friday and Easter Monday off so I’m heading to the Lakes for the long weekend. Hoping to manage 3 rides in and around Grizedale.

chipster

Cutgate both ways on Saturday. I may be resting for a few days after that.

mogrim

Got all week off, tomorrow is a 134km road bike ride round the local hills. Might do another one on Friday 🙂

MTB on Sunday at a guess, though.

SOAP
    Free Member

Cannock,CYB and llandegla Oooooooooooosh!

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Brechfa either Friday or Saturday

jruk
    Free Member

Dartmoor. Then aching like a mother fugga. But a happy one.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Blimey. I wanted inspiration but instead got a feeling of inadequacy!

RobHilton
    Free Member

Friday – NyA for fun times
    Saturday – Repeats of the 1st Dyfi climb til I drop for un-fun times
    Sunday – Snowdon
    Monday – See what’s left in the tank, may just sleep 🙂

eskay

jekkyl – Member

I’m going to visit my mum who lives near Bath now, a village called Saltford.

I grew up there and live quite close still, I would have hooked up for a ride but my weekend’s riding has been scuppered by the kids again. They are racing at Castle Combe Friday and Herne Hill Saturday – damn!!

If you are in the area again give me a shout (road or mtb ride).

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Easter weekend riding plans’ is closed to new replies.