Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Easter eggs in tesco today…
  • vondally
    Free Member

😕 Really? 😕

And who buys them?

Drac

Cool!

Me.

bigG
    Free Member

Easter eggs have been on sale in Tesco and Waitrose since Christmas Eve. Where have you been?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Me too, once I’ve eaten five I vomit. Puts me off for another year it does.

bruneep

vondally
    Free Member

Only went in tonight because I was working, not been shopping since before xmas 😀

GrahamS

‘sake!

No word of a lie, at Christmas I fed my kids Lindt easter bunnies that I found still untouched at the back of our pantry!

Next to a gingerbread house kit from last Christmas!

mechanicaldope

Pretty sure it’s so they can ‘discount’ them when people actually want to buy them.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I bloody love Easter eggs *heads off to Tesco ”

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s no great surprise, we did the same when I worked in Tesco – that was the mid 90s.

You can’t completely rearrange super market every few months – there’s a seasonal aisle, you need stuff to put in it – too early for crappy gardening tools and disposable BBQs.

mark90
    Free Member

And when did the boxes of creme eggs go from 6 to 5, eggs are always in multiples of 6 FFS 👿

funkmasterp

Got a lindt reindeer for Christmas. I swear it was just a lindt bunny with antlers drawn on the packaging. Didn’t get chance to check the actual chocolate. Smash! Nom Nom, gone.

maccruiskeen

Supermarkets have shelf space / isles for ‘seasonal goods’

In the summer it’ll be where they have BBQs and Flipflops, then its back to school stuff, then its halloween stuff, then its Christmas stuff. Once christmas is by….. theres nothing else to put there. So its a choice of easter eggs or empty shelves.

ratherbeintobago

One of the juniors rocked up to last night’s handover meeting with a Creme Egg for each of the night team.

vondally
    Free Member

Seasonal items…..It is bloody months from Easter!

Surely there are other seasonal marketing opportunities before Easter……

CountZero

Surely there are other seasonal marketing opportunities before Easter….

Well, there’s ummm…
    And then there’s….
    And then…
    Sorry, I can’t think of a damned thing!
    Easter eggs it is, then.

km79
    Free Member

Surprised they haven’t rammed valentines down our neck before jumping in with the easter stuff.

leffeboy

Well, there’s ummm…
    And then there’s….
    And then…

Burns night of course. Cannae beat a seasonal haggis

Drac

And when did the boxes of creme eggs go from 6 to 5, eggs are always in multiples of 6 FFS

About 3 years ago and they use to be just 3 at one time.

bikebouy
    Free Member

And the chocolate was replaced with veg fat, cheaper innit. Post Brexit you’ll be lucky to get 2 in a reusable bag.

Teifiterror
    Free Member

Theres valentines next surely, lots of heart shaped chocolate selling opportunity there

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Well, there’s ummm…
    And then there’s….
    And then…

There’s Chinese New Year

And then my birthday

I_did_dab
    Free Member

But it’s still Christmas, Christmas Day for the Armenian Orthodox Church in fact…

maccruiskeen

But it’s still Christmas, Christmas Day for the Armenian Orthodox Church in fact…

Clever bastards – they get to buy all their decorations, wrapping paper and turkeys in the January Sales

stumpy01

CountZero – Member

Well, there’s ummm…
    And then there’s….
    And then…
    Easter eggs it is, then.

Valentine’s Day?
    Remembered as the day Barry White was nailed to a cross for describing himself as ‘the love walrus’.

willard

Had my first Creme Egg On Monday.

Taste the new year…

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

Saw Cadburys Eggs in my local petrol station January 2nd, be Christmas soon … :/

James

unovolo
    Free Member

Easter eggs you say…..

cokie

I went to buy some party food for a New Year party. I found a whole aisle of Easter Eggs in our Tesco. I got a few just for a laugh.

mikey74
    Free Member

Got a lindt reindeer for Christmas. I swear it was just a lindt bunny with antlers drawn on the packaging.

That’s always been my view, as well as many others. In fact, I believe they’ve changed them more recently to more closely resemble reindeers, but the old bunny-style ones are still available.

somafunk

Easter Eggs?, yeah i’ve got approx 30,000 of them to make for a large High St dept store, should keep me busy for a few weeks.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Niiiice ^^ I’ll have the one on the bottom right, cheers.

wilburt
    Free Member

I’m out…Easter, Christmas, whatever the lot thats me done.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Pretty sure it’s so they can ‘discount’ them when people actually want to buy them.

I deliberately avoided buying one last year, knowing it would just get eaten early.

The sod’s sold out a week before easter!

P-Jay
    Free Member

@somafunk – nice, but the middle look like botfly eggs to me, so I’m out.

mt
    Free Member

I’m not allowed in Tesco anymore, they don’t the teddy bear pictures on me jimjams.

scaredypants

I’ll take the one with the wasabi peas, ta

somafunk

scaredypants You’re a sicko for liking wasabi peas 😉 , they are actually mint drops.

And the one below is freeze dried raspberries coated in white chocolate not botfly eggs.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Easter eggs in tesco today…’ is closed to new replies.