Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • East Lothian Trail Query
  • nickscots1
    Free Member

Is the track on the OS 1:50k that skirts the outside of the Gossford estate near Longniddry accessable ?

It’s not a core path on this council map.

Core Paths

Ta

zeffir
    Free Member

Gosford isn’t on that map but yes the estate access tracks are accessible. The owners do appreciate it if you keep some distance from the house and cycling round the lakes isn’t encouraged

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

My ex-wife used to work in the estate cataloging art etc. There was a Degas hanging on the back of a toilet door.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickscots1
    Free Member

The aerial photos show the newer house is very close to the shore and path so I think it’s a no no, it’s their curtilage/privacy.

fasgadh
    Free Member

I was in there last weekend. Still a lot of non compliant no-tices forbidding bikes and insisting on you getting a permit, which of course should be ignored. A big change recently is that Hungary House is being refurbished and the estate have taken the opportunity to houseblock the track passing it.

tjagain

Just use your rights under the land reform act ie “don’t be a dick” I have walked and cycled around the estate many times.

tjagain

The path that goes out of the back of the estate has a gate you have to lift your bikes over IIRC

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘East Lothian Trail Query’ is closed to new replies.