Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • East Lothian Rideout, 24.10.10. Autumn delight…
  • Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Having been forced to miss last week I fancied going this weekend, if that’s OK, but internet was out all yesterday. Where is the dragon cruiser? I take it that’s a colloquial name for somewhere.

coastkid
    Free Member

Hi, dragon cruiser = boozer!
    Winton arms in Pencaitland village, its the only pub, small village so easy to find, see you if you can make it 😮

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Thanks, knew it had to be something like that – it’s a bit too early on a Sunday for my brain to be awake enough. See you there.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks for another nice ride gents

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Indeed, and the hospitality.

yodagoat
    Free Member

Gutted I couldn’t make it. Good to see folks in the pub car park though. Hope the test pilots enjoyed the homebrew! 😀

coastkid
    Free Member

Great ride everyone!, thanks Gary for showing me a couple of new trails 😮 quite a turnout for what was to be a kind of informal recce day!

and then after 4 pints of strongbow in the pub along to Mikes for a pint of Wheat home brew…very smooth :mrgreen:

then home…highlight was riding down through Haddington High street on the back wheel screaming REDRUM REDRUM at a gang of chasing Halloween teenagers armed with water balloons! 😮

check your diarys for Nov 14th…could do another rideout from Drem, 😮

Diane
    Free Member

I’m in ! 😀

GW
    Free Member

Ha ha.. Bruce, class!! 😆
    Good ride guys (and girls), except for the miserable East lothian weather 😉 think we had all the elements of a good MXCT, some went the wrong way, some got properly lost, a couple of crashes, andy managed to get his feet wet early on with his display of river riding, just the one mechanical I think and with my natural instinct for navigational skills I even managed to create a new trail for you all 😳 still plenty more wee trails in the area to show you another time.
    Thanks to everyone for coming along and cheers for the pints!! and the Home brew after the pub – set me up great for guising 😉 cheers Mike! 😀

stanfree
    Free Member

Looks good Gary there are few places there I recognise and some I cant place (Ck’s first pic). Looking at the garmin route on mtb-scotland I’d love to know how to get to Saltoun woods from the end of the railway walk , I always have to go the long way round past East Saltoun and turn right. Is your way up the farm road to the right of the railway path.?
    Anyway on holiday next week If any locals fancy a ride.

coastkid
    Free Member

up for next monday locally paul,more around Saltoun – costerton-Humbie,

stanfree
    Free Member

Sounds good Ck , Or have car will travel . Either way we will get something planned.

yodagoat
    Free Member

Lots more beer where that came from guys. Got 40 pints of cider that should be ready soon too!
    I recognise those trails, a nice run. We’re pretty lucky to have so many good trails around our way.

GW
    Free Member

Stan – nah, from the railway (Saltoun station) head the same way as usual but take a right turn after the wee bridge and cut along past the cottage, through the gate and cross the fields, thought you’d have found the descent (CK named it “the only DH in East lothian” 😉 )

CKs first pic is near the start of the ride (about 2miles in) when we were heading east out of the village on the singletrack alongside the tyne. prob not that easy to find but I’ll show you it if we hook up for a ride. (be working next week sadly)

coastkid
    Free Member

yodagoat – Member

Lots more beer where that came from guys. Got 40 pints of cider that should be ready soon too!
    I recognise those trails, a nice run. We’re pretty lucky to have so many good trails around our way.

40 pints of apple juice!, will be finishing near your gaff then! :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘East Lothian Rideout, 24.10.10. Autumn delight…’ is closed to new replies.