Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • East Dartmoor routes
  • bgd
    Free Member

Usually ride the western side of Dartmoor but fancy exploring around Lustleigh / Bovey Tracey as I’m off work next week. Does anyone have any maps or gpx files that they could send me please? Cheers

w1zard
    Free Member

This route will cover all the best bits!

http://www.mbr.co.uk/routes/dartmoor-devon-killer-loop/

Ridden variations of it many times, still keep going back to it 🙂

Gunz
    Free Member

bqd, where do you ride around west dartmoor. I’m a Lifton resident and as I’m away during the week I find it quite hard to scope quick fix rides.

foxyrider
    Free Member

W1zard – They have ruined the Leighon Descent with hardcore 🙁 So so annoyed!

foxyrider
    Free Member

bqd – Plenty of routes on my strava profile (Live in Bovey)

http://app.strava.com/athletes/208771 – if you wanna follow 🙂

bgd
    Free Member

Thanks W1zard, that looks great.

Gunz, I live in a village on the northern edge of Plymouth and start a lot of rides from around Burrator reservoir. We’ve done a few rides from Yelverton down the Walkham Valley which is also well worth a look.

bgd
    Free Member

Thanks Foxy

foxyrider
    Free Member

Ignore the road rides 😉 – if you you got back a few months should be a few on there 🙂

carlphillips
    Free Member

ygm

@foxy ive added you on strava so i can look at your routes if thats ok? seems as though i need you to accept before i can view them though..

foxyrider
    Free Member

All done mate 🙂 There is a fair amount of roady stuff on there so you’ll have to sift through that 😉

carlphillips
    Free Member

thats fine i do a bit of road too!

w1zard
    Free Member

W1zard – They have ruined the Leighon Descent with hardcore So so annoyed!

Really?! Why would they do that? They better not go near Sharpitor or there’ll be trouble 🙂

jam-bo

We’ve done a few rides from Yelverton down the Walkham Valley which is also well worth a look.

grenofen woods is great riding. I rarely ride anywhere else these days.

Gunz
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ll be checking it out this weekend now the sun is back. Jambo, not being familiar with that area, but quite close, is it a case of just turning up and exploring or do you head to a particular area?

foxyrider
    Free Member

W1zard really don’t know – look stupid and is worse to ride down as its soo loose and gravely! Grrrr

Bucko

Why would you chose Leighon over Smallacombe? I’ve only been up on the moor a couple times this year, due to Mini Bucko arriving and a new job in Taunton I’ve been riding a lot less but when I do get out its on the Quantocks.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Bucko – I don’t choose it over Smallacombe but strickly Smallacombe descent isn’t a bridle way. Also in the winter Smallacombe approach is v boggy and gets cut up so I try and avoid calving up foot paths. From me I can get in a quick blast withoug having to cyle right up to Haytor (I dont use the car at all for riding locally) 🙂 Hope Mini Bucko is doing OK?

Bucko

Fair enough Rich, I’ve never really ridden on Dartmoor much over the winter or in the wet.

Mini Bucko is great thanks, just started crawling so he’ll be on a bike in a few weeks

jruk
    Free Member

This one’s kept me entertained many a time although the western loop isn’t as much fun as the rest so often skip it.

http://my.viewranger.com/route/details/MTYyNzc=

jam-bo

Jambo, not being familiar with that area, but quite close, is it a case of just turning up and exploring or do you head to a particular area?

i live in tavistock, i tend to ride in via the new cycle path and then split off that for a couple of laps.

lots of woodsy singletrack, some ok open stuff and a couple of steep and techy DH tracks hidden away in the trees. check out strava as there are lots of segments defined in there.

rockin cycles in yelverton have quite a big group ride round there on tuesday evenings.

carlphillips
    Free Member

ive always got my eye on your strava routes around there, sometime soon will have to tear myself away from cann to come and have a play..ive done a bit around there ‘dwarf run’? and it was fun but not really had a proper explore.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘East Dartmoor routes’ is closed to new replies.