Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • East coast Sardinia – new technical trail down to sea
  • PeterHerold
    Free Member

Selvaggio Bike Baunei is the name we (http://mountainbikeogliastra.it/) have given to the old charcoal burners’ footpath which last week we rode for the first-time ever 4 km / 620 m down to the sea at Porto Cuau. Uplift plus boat back to Santa Maria €33.

Mauro, Bacu Maiore on the right

Giuseppe rode 80% of the singletrack

Technical switchbacks on the old trail

Arrival a Porto Cuau with the boat to take us back to Santa Maria

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Is business not as good as you hoped, hence why you continually come on here to advertise 😆

Garry_Lager

V nice Peter.

When is a good time weather-wise to visit Sardinia? Thinking of places for a holiday [family holiday with me bringing the bike, not full on MTB holiday], but I’m a bit of a blouse when it comes to the heat. Don’t enjoy it really hot and it looks as hot as a ballsack in those pictures.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PeterHerold
    Free Member

When is a good time weather-wise to visit Sardinia? Thinking of places for a holiday [family holiday with me bringing the bike, not full on MTB holiday], but I’m a bit of a blouse when it comes to the heat. Don’t enjoy it really hot and it looks as hot as a ballsack in those pictures.

All-year round. Lots of Italians bring their bikes in summer to fit in some bike riding with a summer beach holiday.

Is business not as good as you hoped, hence why you continually come on here to advertise

You should repeat this comment for all the trails cleaned over 4 Sundays by volunteers who don’t make a penny out of what they do in their free time, just want to develop the area where they live. Promote would be a more accurate term than advertise. Unfortunately the local authorities are crap at doing this, from the Sardinia Regional Tourism site http://www.sardegnaturismo.it/en/what-to-do/mountain-biking: “To experience a more dynamic stay on the Island, mountain biking allows you to enjoy really extraordinary landscapes. With this kind of bicycle, in fact, sound but light, suitable for any type of terrain, it is possible to go on excursions to discover the territory, between the coast and the inland, in close contact with nature that would otherwise be unreachable. There are numerous centres for the rental of this pleasant means of transport in Sardinia, as well as marked out paths and those still to be discovered, in which one can experience an undoubtedly active holiday. Among the most beautiful excursions, we recommend those in the Supramonte, between Nuoro and Balnei; in the area of the Gennargentu, where there is the gorge of Su Gorroppu, one of the deepest canyons in Europe; across the plateaus of Gesturi and Serri, where it is possible to see the enchanting wild horses; in the south we recommend the area of Sette Fratelli, where visitors can go on excursions that are particularly difficult”.

ciao Peter

PeterHerold
    Free Member

Within 20 km of the coast where we live the mountains are as high as anything in the UK. On the beach in summer you bake, instead we drive up and then do these “alpine” descents, or for climbing we go and climb at 800-1000 m in the shade. Up there it’s much cooler than on the coast.

ciao

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘East coast Sardinia – new technical trail down to sea’ is closed to new replies.