• This topic has 26 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by petec.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • ****EAST ANGLIA FAT BIKE MEET 29-30 JULY**WELLS NEXT THE SEA***
  • scud
    Free Member

Having seen lots of fat bike meets around the country, I thought it should be East Anglia’s turn.

So i have booked a campsite for the Friday and Saturday night (with the option of Sunday if needed), there will be fat bikes, beaches, a Saturday night BBQ, barrel of Beeston Breweries finest and a campfire.

Saturday 29th – Bacon rolls to start, then ride out along the beach at Wells next the Sea over to Hunstanton and back, distance of around 25 miles.

Sunday 30th – Ride out over to Sheringham way and the sea cliffs and trails there via Blakeney point, about 15 miles in all.

Great if people could make the whole weekend, or if they’d just like to ride either of the days. Pace will be very much relaxed and there will be pub stops.

Campsite booked is: http://www.norfolkbrickyard.co.uk/ They are fine with us to have a corner of the campsite to ourselves and for us to have a campfire and BBQ. It is a pretty basic campsite, but they take both tents and campers, but there is no electricity hook up.

If you’d be interested drop me an email so i know numbers or if you have any questions? – pauljwhitlock at gmail.com

[/url]photo 3 by Scud75, on Flickr[/img]

scud
    Free Member

…………..i may have to make it a smaller campsite!

pictonroad

These are some of the finest beaches to be found anywhere. It will be a fantastic weekend. I shall be competing in the Pivot 24/12 otherwise I might have been persuaded borrow a bike and make the journey. Good luck with your plans.

scud
    Free Member

Cheers Pictonroad.

We don’t have much great mountain biking here, but we do have so fantastic beaches so gotta ride what you have.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

***** LOOK At ME, I’M ON A FAT BIKE ******

****AND I’M WRITING IN CAPITALS AND PUTTING ASTERISKS ROUND EVERYTHING TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE SEES ME******

***LOOK AT ME***

***I’M SPECIAL****

🙄

monkeyboyjc

If I was. In the area, I’d come…..
    But unfortunately I’m on the other side of the country…..

scud
    Free Member

**** LOOK At ME, I’M ON A FAT BIKE ******

****AND I’M WRITING IN CAPITALS AND PUTTING ASTERISKS ROUND EVERYTHING TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE SEES ME******

***LOOK AT ME***

***I’M SPECIAL****

I am special, my mum says so…..

Or “look at me, i can be a complete arse on someones elses post?”

Was just trying to organise an event in a place that unsurprisingly doesn’t have many for fun using my own time and a bit of money, what a git i am……..

rOcKeTdOg

I also will be at 24-12 would have loved to do this

thegeneralist
    Free Member

what a git i am…

I didn’t say you were a git, I just found it very amusing. I sort of assumed you’d done it tongue in cheek.

prezet
    Free Member

Sounds like a good crack. Sadly I don’t have a fat bike.

Not many trails left at Sheringham. They’ve all been destroyed with the recent felling 🙁

scud
    Free Member

Prezet, not been over Sheringham Park way for about 6 months, are they all gone? May be time for a rethink!

Could probably lend you a fat bike from somewhere if you fancied coming?

stumpy01

Looks like a good little weekend trip, but I’ll also be at the 24/12….(I don’t have a fat bike either….)

prezet
    Free Member

@scud – Yep most of Pretty Corner is gone. There was a fun line from hill top with a few drops and loose corners, but that’s gone. The dual slalom and the small DH lines are gone too. Footpaths etc are obviously still there, but I think the only line left is the little one up from the train station, but even most of that is covered in debris and needs clearing away.

Thanks for the offer, I’ll check the wife’s work schedule and let you know!

40mpg

Bugger I’m also at 24:12 (on my fatbike) otherwise I’d be interested in this. Based on the south coast, could have brought a bunch of us fatties to explore a new area.

I’ve done similar things with Charlie bike monger including the gravel dash a couple of weeks ago. Always great weekends and nice to have something more chilled than the race scene.

Hope you get this going, if you do a different weekend next year well be along!

scud
    Free Member

ugger I’m also at 24:12 (on my fatbike) otherwise I’d be interested in this. Based on the south coast, could have brought a bunch of us fatties to explore a new area.

I’ve done similar things with Charlie bike monger including the gravel dash a couple of weeks ago. Always great weekends and nice to have something more chilled than the race scene.

Hope you get this going, if you do a different weekend next year well be along!

Gravel Dash was a laugh, i did the 50/50 although on Salsa Fargo, hopefully i can make it a regular thing, got 10-11 coming so far, but if ever you want to come up this way, i’d be more than happy to show you around, we don’t have Dorset’s hills (especially that first bloody one out of Swanage!) but great beaches

letmetalktomark

Trying to confirm pass for the weekend but plan to be there on at least one of the days, hopefully both!

stu170
    Free Member

I’ll be up for one of the days, not sure which yet, but more than likely the Saturday.

theotherjonv

possible…… but don’t have a fat bike and is that nasty boltonjon coming?

rocket
    Free Member

Can’t make it I’m afraid, but have bookmarked that campsite – looks sweet! Cheers scud – hope the sun shines for you 🙂

1-shed
    Free Member

Would riding a Krampus be OK? If so I may well be interested. Cheers 1 shed.

scud
    Free Member

Should be cool with a Krampus, i’ve seen a local lad ride a Pinnacle 27.5 X 3.0 bike on the sand, plus i’d rather people come along even if it means avoiding the softer sand areas mate

boltonjon

That nasty Boltonjon certainly is going!!

I visited Scud and the Norfolk beaches in late January and had a super weekend

The beaches are really stunning as is the route he has planned out

Really looking forward to meeting some more like minded fatbikers 🙂

flashes
    Free Member

This is v tempting. Nice part of the world and be nice to ride that area with the Pugsley. I too was at the Gravel Dash, I did the 100 miler on the blue fixed gear Karate Monkey. Let me check the dates……

scud
    Free Member

Bit of a resurrection, see if there is anyone else out there that fancies a weekend in the sun on the beach, beer, BBQ and banter?

ad3000
    Free Member

Would defo do this but already booked 🙁 Same time nexy year? I run a really stupid event in range of norfolk called Fenduro, fatbike friendly(ish) if interested

colournoise

Slightly OT, but Fenduro website/FB page?

As proper webbed toe inbred I’m interested.

petec
    Free Member

at least you made that there twitter 😀

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘****EAST ANGLIA FAT BIKE MEET 29-30 JULY**WELLS NEXT THE SEA***’ is closed to new replies.