Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Easiest way to get iTunes from two old computers to one new one?
  • munro
    Free Member

Over time I’ve ripped my CD collection originally to my ex’s desktop and recently most of it to my laptop. Outcome is a partial collection of the 2k plus CD’s and song based memories.

My old laptop is creaking. I’ve got iCloud and home sharing but there seems to be no music in my iCloud? I’ve got a new laptop and just want to use it for web looking and iTunes management.

Is there an old school way of combining multiple iTunes libraries using a hard-drive to rip them (I can see all my albums as files on the C Drives)and combine as one iTunes to rule them all?

Help – Please.

John

MSP

copy the files onto an external drive on the old computers.

In itunes advanced preferences on the new computer make sure that the box is ticked to import to media folder.

I use the following batch file to back up my itunes library, although the media folder is on my d: drive the database with all the play information is still kept under the user folder.

xcopy C:\Users\user\Music\iTunes g:\ItunesBackup /D /E /Y
    xcopy d:\itunes g:\ItunesBackup /D /E /Y

If you want to copy the database onto your new computer you will only be able to do so from 1 of the old ones.

brassneck

I’d move one library as per the apple support doc, then copy the other machines library to a folder and import it in the ‘new’ itunes install.

munro
    Free Member

So possible and thanks for the advice. Some of the words I understand!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Easiest way to get iTunes from two old computers to one new one?’ is closed to new replies.