Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Earphones
  • Offroading
    Free Member

Hello,

Needing some new earphones – in ear types, want something good – willing to shell out £40, they HAVE to be "Y" type as the last two sets i had which went round the back of the neck split.

I've always used Sonys in the £40 price range but there current offerings look a bit bizzare….

Recomendations please ?

grim168
    Free Member

I use shure. Decent quality but you'll have to hunt round to meet your price point.

CountZero

Honestly, in that price range there is only one to go for, the Denon AC-H252 for around £25. They are amazingly good for the money, fit well in the ear, excellent sound, and the earpieces are a decent size and easy to handle. I've got Sennheiser CX300's, and much more expensive Ultimate Ears, but the Denons are frankly unbeatable for the money. The next model up are even better, but around £20 over your budget.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

+1 for Denon

I have these and they were good value for money when i bought them full price, at £50 they are a serious bargain

CountZero

Just had a quick google, and there are also the AH-C351's at £32.99 and C360's at £37.95. The AH-C551's, which a mate bought having had to replace three pairs of Shures under warranty are around £70. I'd still go for the 252's, I use them with my iPhone, listening to 6Music and ripped tracks at 320kb, and music sounds more than good enough through the Denons.

bananaworld
    Free Member

Hmm, I'm after new 'phones too – any recommendations for a pair with inline volume-control (sorry for the mild hijack…)

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Goldring GX200 for me. Great sound.

CountZero

Those C551's for £50 are an absolute steal, all metal casing, quality sound; jeeze, I'm really tempted by that. The credit card might get a spanking later.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Earphones’ is closed to new replies.