Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Early Rider Bikes
  • SaxonRider

I keep getting an ad on my facebook timeline for Early Rider bikes, and I have just clicked on the link.

My goodness, some of what they offer looks quite nice. Anyone have any experience of them?

[Not sure if a link from here would constitute not-so-stealth advertising, but I can guarantee that I have nothing whatsoever to do with the company, other than to have fallen prey to their advertising!]

nixie

We have a Belter 16″ for our eldest and have just bought a Belter 20″ for her next bike. They are really nicely put together, light and the current one has worked really well. Not having to faff with the chain or worry about oil everywhere is a big plus for me. Also the weight is low enough that carrying for extended periods is not too much of a pain. They are expensive though (fortunately I got the 20″ with a crazy discount on it :D).

hatter

Yup, wee man’s just graduated from a 16″ Belter to a Trail 3S.

Great bikes and having something that won’t drip oil everywhere when it’s in the car is a great help.

Expensive, but ever bike we buy now will go through at least 3 kids so worth it IMHO.

Akers

Bought a Belter 20″ Trail 3 for my eldest boy last summer. Quality bike. 3 speed grip shift keeps it simple for him and the belt drive is a big plus too. Best thing is they’re super light compared to some kids bikes. It’ll get handed down to his younger bro too.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

They had some in a shop local to me and I was massively impressed with them, I’ve been recommending them to everyone I know that’s needs to buy a bike for their kids but so far I’ve been roundly ignored in favour of heavy Halfords/supermarket bikes that their kids struggle with.

ferrals
    Free Member

Anyone got a spherovelo? thoughts? I’m struggling not to bid on one on ebay

joemmo
    Free Member

They had some in a shop local to me and I was massively impressed with them, I’ve been recommending them to everyone I know that’s needs to buy a bike for their kids but so far I’ve been roundly ignored in favour of heavy Halfords/supermarket bikes that their kids struggle with.

For disclosure: I’m guilty of buying into the hype of the lightweight kids bike (Frog & Isla) but its obvious that the vast majority of kids have no problems learning to ride on a ‘normal’ bike that is not so light or well specced. Plenty of kids also struggle to learn regardless of what machine they have so unless you can prove that the bike really is the limiting factor then I’d personally be wary of recommending a £250+ bike to someone as the solution to their childs troubles.

Nice looking machines though, I cannot deny.

richardkennerley

I’ve got a spherovelo. 18 month old had it for a while now, she loves being pushed about on it, she loves standing behind it and pushing it about, but she struggles to actually move it along by herself when sitting on it, it always tips forward. She’s slowly getting better. She knows when I take the stabilisers out of it though and she doesn’t like it!!

It’s ok, I definitely wouldn’t pay full price for one, think I paid about £35 from EBay. Haven’t got anything to compare it to as an alternative. I’d like to see her on a proper balance bike asap really.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Little Miss CFH has a Belter, and it’s, well, it’s a belter of a bike! Soon to be handed down, and she’ll upgrade to the 20″ version.

Light, simple, well made and look brilliant. What’s not to like?

ferrals
    Free Member

It’s ok, I definitely wouldn’t pay full price for one, think I paid about £35 from EBay. Haven’t got anything to compare it to as an alternative. I’d like to see her on a proper balance bike asap really.

Yeah that seems to be the going rate, wouldnt get new. In-laws were going to get a scuttelbug for our daughter xmas presesnt but having seen these they seem more versitle so will see i they are happy getting a secondhand one as a present. She’ll be more or less one then so might be a bit small

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So.
    Much.
    WANT!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Early Rider Bikes’ is closed to new replies.