Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Early pressie from the taxman!
  • bobbyg81
    Free Member

Thank you Mr Taxman for the lovely gift! I’m not used to your generosity! And on Xmas eve!

Not a huge amount, but it’s better than a kick in the balls! 🙂

grtdkad

Nice!

the-muffin-man

My wife just got a £530 refund!

I’m just waiting for the letter saying I owe £600!

JonBoy
    Free Member

I got a refund of £11 couple of weeks ago. from years ago when i was working part time so i could have fun with my life.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I just got £224 from them, merry Xmas Mr tax man 🙂

munkster
    Free Member

I got one from 2005 a couple of weeks ago, no rush then eh… 😉

Duffer
    Free Member

My MRS got £104 yesterday, and one of my mates got £1400!!

HMRC are being very generous this year. Wait until the “other” letters start being distributed, though…

legend
    Free Member

I got £1,000 from them a few weeks ago, definitely an unexpected surprise 😀

aracer
    Free Member

These are refunds from last tax year? I shall look forwards to a very merry xmas next year in that case (the refund I’m likely to be due should dwarf all of yours!)

seanoevil
    Free Member

Ahha! I got a tax calculation from the Inland Revenue yesterday from 07/08 – it totally baffled me and I thought I owed over 1700 notes…then today I get a cheque from them for said amount, lubbly jubbly 🙂

Royston
    Free Member

Not tax as such, but a month ago I got a call from the Inland Revenue here in NZ asking me if I new that I was elligible for a working for families tax credit (single parent, two kids, shared care). I answered by saying what I’d been told by them three and a half years ago when I originally applied which was that “I didn’t qualify”.
    Well! it turns out what I was told then was wrong, and I did/do qualify and would I like to apply? (approx $160 each fortnight- starting next week if you’d like, thankyou very much, I say) “Oh! and if you fill in the forms we’ll send to you then it can be back dated to 2008” ($10-11,000)

Zoolander
    Free Member

Got a grand a couple of weeks ago / which paid for the excess on the bike insurance and some upgrades to replace my stolen pride and joy That went two weeks before!

legend
    Free Member

These are refunds from last tax year?

Not for me, mine was from 05/06 and 06/07

bobbyg81
    Free Member

Nice to hear a few folks are receiving rather than owing.

I was the same as Royston. My letter looked like I owed them the £400. There was no R which was meant to mean it was a refund. The cheque was in amongst the paperwork.

I hope my Mrs doesnt get hers and we owe them!

MrGreedy

Just had a refund through for 07/08 tax year – very nice little Christmas present indeed. Good PR move to send them all out this week, assuming there aren’t a load of overpayment demands too?

mrblobby
    Free Member

I got one from 2005 a couple of weeks ago, no rush then eh…

I hope you charged them interest on that late repayment!

Northwind

I know I’m owed from 2010-2011, anyone know how likely I am to have to chase it myself? I haven’t yet since if I did, I’d just spend it :mrgreen:

munkster
    Free Member

I hope you charged them interest on that late repayment!

I have to assume you *are* kidding, right? 😉

tomo71
    Free Member

Duffer – the “other” letters have started already, got mine last week, not too heavy but not much Christmas cheer 🙁

chunkypaul
    Free Member

just received a £181 refund notification from the tax man today from the 2007/2008 tax year 😆

wasn’t all that good news as some of that will be going towards this mornings dentist visit 😕

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Yep me too had over a grand back so far, happy days 😀

makkag
    Free Member

yep another here had 953 quid cheque arrive on 19th .. not cashing it till new year though too much temptation for easy come easy go spending .. Pays for alps in July !

edit was from 06/7 and was contracting up till 09 so hopes for more !

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Early pressie from the taxman!’ is closed to new replies.