Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Early morning training
  • jonny-m
    Free Member

How do you do it?
    I don’t mean riding your bike i mean doing a structured training session, either power, hill repeats etc
    Recently started a new job which means I’m going to have to train early
    Mornings.
    Trouble is I’m not a morning person and although I ca get myself out on the bike there’s no way I feel like putting some effort in and working hard.
    45 minutes it took me to warm up yesterday…
    So you early morning trainers, what’s your secret, what’s your routine, what do you have to eat and drink before you go out and should it get easier if I just stick at it…

ferrals
    Free Member

Up half an hour before starting session, black coffee, banana, visualisation. You need to ramp up the motivation so watch a bit of race footage or a favourite riding vid and think about smashing your rivals, has the added benefit of getting the adrenaline flowing and raising heart beat ready to warm up.

Edit. Oh and I prep night before, so bottle filled, garmin, H.r. Monitor shoes, helmet etc ready. By back door Removes faff in the morning

schmiken

I know I’ll be training which helps. I have a cup of tea before I leave and have a light breakfast then get head down and get on with it. No real secret to it.

I get up ~1 hour before I aim to leave, have breakfast, get dressed and out on the bike. 10-15 minutes structured warm up and then start the intervals.

eskay

I cannot do hard high intensity turbo sessions early in the morning. I have tried a few times before. Up at 5.30, cup of tea, banana and straight onto the turbo. Every time I have tried this I have had to jack it in.

I don’t have any problem though doing early morning road rides (even with some tough intervals).

jeffl

Not training but commuting. Key for me is getting everything ready by the door so no faff in the morning. Also you need to force yourself to so it so it becomes habit forming.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Early morning training’ is closed to new replies.