Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • early morning 2hr ride at dalby..what route
  • kwack
    Free Member

Never been before…been to likes of afan…whinlatter etc and normally knock out a 2hr ride on the red routes there

The dalby red seems a bit too far for a 2hr…can you mix and match sections to get a 12 or so mile course?

If so what are suggested starting points

Cheers
    Kwack

rsvktm

Depends what you looking for and how much you just want to hammer round. Could park at visitors centre and do the first part of red to dixons hollow, have a play on the World Cup course then go along the forest drive and do the last third of the red. Need to look at the map for that to make sense.
    Or could park up at the top and do the World Cup course, play in dixons hollow and do the little demo loop at the top following the yellow signs as many times as time allows.

discoduck
    Free Member

Start at Dixons Hollow and do from there but I’m guessing your start also need to be end point too for vehicle ?

There are escape routes all around the loop that will take you back to the visitors centre but my own opinion is that if you can only do half the second half is better than the first*

*This means I’m wrong, watch some one will be along in a minuite to tell you about the black XC course and also tell you that you should be able to nip off the whole loop in 1Hr 56mins on a hard tailed single speed.

Which ever, good luck and most importantly enjoy your ride.

shifter
    Free Member

With two hours I’d park at Dixon’s and muck about on the black stuff. If I’m doing the whole red I park at Bickley Gate, it’s more than two hours for me though…:-)

Scapegoat

Park at Dixons Hollow, follow the red route to where it meets the green. Ride the green, or the forest drive and the fire road road south east to rejoin the red route at marker post number 25, then ride the red all the way back to Dixons. The top part of the red is dull, the best bit by far is the Riggs and Dales section.

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/eng-dalby-mtb-map.pdf/$FILE/eng-dalby-mtb-map.pdf

kwack
    Free Member

Cheers all…looking at the map…I can see from main carpark go blue to Riggs and dale and then back to carpark..reasonable distance?

benji
    Free Member

The red is doable in 2hrs, but you won’t be stopping anywhere, just flat out.

discoduck
    Free Member

Yes, as scapegoat suggests it’s not a bad distance, not sure on your level of fitness so depends, I’m not sure but I think they have changed the Blue and it comes in towards the end of the red somewhere ?

You could do visitor centre out on Blue to post 26 and then in on red twice ? Or blue red blue, or as scapegoat suggests but the fire road to post 26 is a right lick out !

kwack
    Free Member

Did as scapegoat suggested. ..worked out around 17 miles and 2hrs 25m as I was taking my time…according to endomondo

Thanks for the tips…was all finished by 10

Kwack

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘early morning 2hr ride at dalby..what route’ is closed to new replies.