Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Early evening dining in Buxton….
  • MoreCashThanDash

A mate and I are off to see the Banff Film Fest in Buxton on Wednesday evening. Looking for ideas for somewhere that does good cheap food about 5-6pm. Greggs will be closed by then I fear.

Thanks

BadlyWiredDog

There’s always Pizza Express, though to be fair that depends on your definition of ‘good’ and ‘cheap’.

IHN
    slowoldman

There’s an eat in chippy up by the market place.

Which way are you travelling? I could possibly come up with suggestions in Bakewell, but have never eaten in Buxton

Harry_the_Spider

There’s a ‘spoons.

You can’t go wrong with a ‘spoons.

monde
    Free Member

+1 the tap house or the Thai restaurant around the corner is good.

neilthewheel

There’s a nice Italian. Can’t remember the name though. It has an upstairs that’s all dark and panelled.

nbt

The café at green pavilion is excellent but I think it closes at 5 🙁

dpfr

There’s a nice Italian. Can’t remember the name though. It has an upstairs that’s all dark and panelled

If you mean St Moritz then it had gone off quite badly last time we were there. It used to do really good food but had become a pretty generic Italian, much to my brother’s disappointment on his birthday

hatter

Simply Thai is very nice, ate there when I as up for the Eroica

zilog6128

You can’t go wrong with a ‘spoons.

Although if you went there rather than to the Buxton brewery place (who are one of the best craft breweries in the UK right now IMO) you would need your head examined!!

steve-g
    Free Member

Moor Top by the Buxton Brewery is my favourite beer in the world

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Good suggestions above, with the Tap House, Thai and Pizza Express within staggering distance of the Opera House. If you want to be even closer, the Olde Clubhouse is the other side of the road from the Opera House and has standard, honest pub grub, at least last time I tried.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Although if you went there rather than to the Buxton brewery place (who are one of the best craft breweries in the UK right now IMO) you would need your head examined!!

I love the Tap House as a venue, but I’ve never been a fan of Buxton brewery beer and I know plenty of people who feel the same. Horses for courses.

MoreCashThanDash

Thanks for the suggestions. Pizza Express was on my horizon but was keen for alternatives.

Whilst the Tap sounds awesome, one of us is teetotal and has a busted knee, so the non-teetotaler will be driving. Not that he in any way resents this twist of fate. Oh no. It’s fine Andyfla of this parish 👿

MoreCashThanDash

The artist – you’ve sent me off on the right tangent!

Is the Royal Oak at Hurdlow still up to scratch? Not been for a year or two.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Early evening dining in Buxton….’ is closed to new replies.