Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Early 90s Radio Control Cars
  • fakiee
    Free Member

Hi,

Wasn’t sure how to contact members from a previous chat on 90s radio control cars.

I was hoping to chat to fervouredimage & stylish about their BRCA days http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/resurrecting-old-early-90s-rc-cars

Looking to get hold of some of the early cars to be restored, any help appreciated!!

Thanks,
    Andy

nemesis
    Free Member

Not after the Schumachers in the OPs post then?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I had the terra scorcher, amazing car but massive chassis weakness, costly rebuilds.

fakiee
    Free Member

nemesis – no, although they are great cars I already have both!!

I’m looking for prototypes and modified cars used for racing

nemesis
    Free Member

Right…

fakiee
    Free Member

I ran a terra scorcher for a weekend, only had one battery and a 24 hr charger so only got to use it twice!! – absolutely loved it though!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mardave mini for me as I couldn’t afford the jap stuf…

daveh
    Free Member

You’d have liked my Tomy Intruder then, I’d guess not many of those about. Seem to remember it having a trick 60:40 torque splitter.

Scorching hot Futaba 112B and hot wired 148 servo, poor man’s racing!

alibongo001

Hi OP

I raced some of these when I was a teenager – mid 80’s

Recently I came across some old kit that has laid dormant for quite a while!

If you are interested I can take a detailed look, but I rememeber it being a Tamiya hotshot, with a custom chassis / electronic speed controller etc

I have no idea if it works though!

Let me know if more pictures / detail is needed!

Cheers
    Alastair

fakiee
    Free Member

wrightyson – ive never raced mardave, owned a couple to thrash about and they are well fun!

daveh – the Tomy intruders were amazing, hard to get parts for. Worth a mint now tho!!

alibongo001 – the hotshot sounds great, and as you say was a great mid 80s car that was a successful racer. Yeah I would be interested!

Would really like to get hold of member stylish as he mentioned some Tamiya racing prototypes that he raced.

nemesis
    Free Member

Those intruders were odd – or rather Tomy getting in on the RC game out of nowhere was. Anyone know what happened – did they just not develop it or the product line any further?

To modern cars, they’re really ugly now, aren’t they – I guess it’s the mid-engine layout to blame but…

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Hi Fakiee,

Always happy to chat about my old BRCA days – good memories.

I’ll keep an eye on this thread or if you want to email me i’ll give you my contact address.

fakiee
    Free Member

fervouredimage – be great to chat mate 🙂

Yeah the intruders were odd, really strange for Tomy to get into that market.

I cant believe how ugly RC cars are now, the cab forward bodies are hideous! But i guess they appeal to the younger generation, just me being old!

jamieb76
    Free Member

DaveH if you ever wanted to sell that Tomy Intruder I would be very interested.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Early 90s Radio Control Cars’ is closed to new replies.