Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Ear piercing (Middle-aged man edition)
  • SaxonRider

It doesn’t seem as common for boys/men as it once was, but…

1) How many men on here have had their ear(s) pierced?

2) Do you still wear earring(s)?

3) If not, how long ago did you stop?

My answers:

1) I had mine done as late teen, and more in my early twenties. 3 in one ear; 1 in the other.

2) No. It just doesn’t seem to suit me anymore.

3) I stopped when I was in my late 20s, when I took them out for a funeral and never put them back in.

Drac

Had mine done when I was about 19 or 20 then after a few months realised it was a stupid so took it out.

johndoh
    Free Member

Two in my left, none in my right. First done at 14, second at 16. Stopped wearing them in my mid to late twenties and both fully healed now but still visible (50 yrs old).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Caher

16 and then taken out when 20. Only 1 ear (left).

pocpoc
    Free Member

Nope, think by the time I hit the potential age for them they were well and truly out of fashion.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Wot Drac sed

Leku
    Free Member

Two in my left, none in my right. First done at 15, second at 17 (I don’t remember asking parents). Stopped wearing them in my late twenties and both fully healed now but still visible (50 yrs old).

Cougar

I have my left ear done. It’s stretched out with a taper so I can wear something a bit chunkier, 1.8mm I think (rather than the African Tribeswoman look which seems popular these days).

bikebouy
    Free Member

Me and few school mates did ours, we heated up a sewing needle and gawped into a mirror.. then screamed one after the other.
    Quite hilarious at the time, having blood drip onto my left shoulder made me feel like a rebel..
    Of the 6 of us that did it, only one actually put a ring in it.. we just shuddered with the pain of our parents going ballistic at us and our school placing us in detention for what seemed like the whole summer.
    Mine healed up pretty quickly, I have a small indent that looks like a spot and it’s difficult to see unless you are about to suck on my earlobe.

I don’t see anyone my age wearing anything in thier ears, if I go into town then yes obviously there are plenty of men with earrings and some look pretty cool and relaxed.

I don’t like/dislike them, but I find those large open rings in earlobes a bit disturbing TBH.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I’ve had many piercings in my left ear over the years, but now I just have my conch done with a small labret. That’s not going anywhere anytime soon as I love it.

Marin
    Free Member

Yes. Both ears 3 or 4 times each, nose and nipples. Only got one in each ear left. Got fed up of nose ring,nipples went as got them twanged at work few times and was going to end badly.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Had three in my left ear lobe, done when I was 15/16. Now 52 and haven’t worn ear rings since my late 30’s. One hole (the first) still open, other two closed over but visible.

sadexpunk

Had mine done when I was about 19 or 20 then after a few months decades realised it was a stupid so took it out.

3 in my left ear, one of em a dangly cross! 🙄 took em out early 40s 😳

P-Jay
    Free Member

Funny enough it’s one of the few things I’ve put a blanket ban on for the kids, both of them.

Almost as soon as Daughter was born my SIL were talking about taking her into town to have her ears done, thought it was funny as I’d go mad ha ha ha.

Yeah, what they don’t understand is they think “mad” is shouting, whereas I know “mad” would be very very unpleasant for everyone involved. If she wants it done she can do so when she’s 16.

chip
    Free Member

Two in left ear, one done at the chemist, other done by me with a needle at 14 and 15.
    Can’t remember when I last wore one.

DrP

I had my pinna and tragus pierced when I was at uni… took it out in the 5th year…
    no visible piercings now though..

DrP

RustySpanner

Had left ear done as a teenager.
    Think it lasted a couple of years.

Just didn’t like the feeling of it, tbh.

GrahamS

Had my left ear done when I was 16. Usually just wore a stud or a small silver hoop in it, though it has always been quite “flexible” and I used to stick a pen or screwdriver through it as party trick (before stretched out holes were really a thing).

Stopped wearing it in my mid 20s, probably around the time I graduated.

42 now and still have the hole, but never wear anything in it.

Drac

before stretched out holes were really a thing).

Then Goatse change all that.

tazzymtb

Had 16 rings in my left ear and two nose rings and a lip ring when I was 17. Went down to 8 and a nose ring when I started working as it was just quicker to put half back in when I got home. Still have the same now in my 40’s although the bottom 4 have been stretched to 8mm 4mm and 2 x2mm then normal rings at the top. They all come out for work as I’m a nice professional chap.

Scary thing is that I’ve got body piercings older than the new hipster ear stretchy brigade 🙂

No plans to ever stop wearing them, same as I’ll keep adding to my tattoo collection

Did have ornate rings in as a student and remember waking up after a very heavy night to discover I’d velcro’d my sodding ear to carpet! Had to be cut free by an equally mangled mate with a carving knife 🙂

verses

I have had 2 silver hoops in left lobe since mid-late teens (now early 40s).

Had a silver hoop in the top of my ear in my late teens for a year or so until it went sceptic. Once it calmed down I had it done again, it was fine for a few years then went sceptic again so I let it heal up. Still have a lump/scar where it was.

No plans to remove them or have more. I don’t think about them to be honest, and even had to double-check I still had 2 rather than just 1 for this post 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

Several in left ear.. one in my nose. Haven’t worn anything for 10+ years

plumber
    Free Member

twice in each ear

Don’t wear anything at the moment as frowned upon by current mrs but I dbe happy to wear a few

both nipples at 36 still in place – cos I like em 🙂

Coyote
    Free Member

2 in each ear, done when I was 16. Single silver ring in left ear now. 51.

funkmasterp

One in my left ear when I was 13 or 14. Took it out when I was about 18 I think. Bought one again when I was about 35 and shoved it in. Looked like a pirate / idiot so took it out again

johnx2
    Free Member

1) How many men on here have had their ear(s) pierced? yup, both, start of the 80s. Back when tattoos were working class or fairly extreme. Different thread.

2) Do you still wear earring(s)? nope

3) If not, how long ago did you stop? mid 90s, in my 20s

aide

2 in left ear, flesh tunnel in right and 2 at the top on the right, nose pierced, nipple pierced and belly button, all done in teens to early twenties, (in forties now). Only come out for hospital ops

wallop

Drac 😆

kayak23

Had lots in each ear as a yoot. Had my nose pierced at 15 years old, and that’s the only one that still remains now at 44…
    Not keen on earrings.

I’m leaving it in as I’m still rebelling against my parents… 8)

slowbloke
    Free Member

Had my ear pierced whilst at Uni. Took it out when I left. Still have the hole because it never healed up which comes in useful about once a year for fancy dress parties.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I had mine pierced at 22. Stopped using it (the hole not my ear)about 18 years ago. I’m 48 now. When I see guys my age with an earring I just think “nah”

teethgrinder

Pierced at 17.
    Still is, but now stretched out to 10mm. I’m 41 and 1/4.

Had nose done, but stopped wearing that a while ago, and as the inside is now healed ICBA pushing a needle through to re-open, and GMP means it would never stay in long enough to heal open properly.

CountZero

Nah, tattoos, yes, and planning several more if/when I get some cash together, but I’m not too fond of piercings and some facial ones make me feel a bit queasy.
    And as for piercings in other places…

RobHilton
    Free Member

7 in left ear, 2 in right. Started at 14 & ignored the parental grief. Haven’t worn them for years, but they still function. Really fancy a scaffold, but it’d get mangled in the gym.

some facial ones make me feel a bit queasy.
    And as for piercings in other places…

For some reason facial piercings gross me out, but body piercings really appeal. Have my nips done and quite tempted with getting some more sensitive areas done.

Dickyboy

Two in left ear for the past 37yrs, had them done the day I left school, did have a third put in the top of my ear but that didn’t last long, no other body art but nearly 50yr old Mrs dickyboy has a couple of small tattoos and belly pierced.
    Didn’t really think about them until this thread – clearly we must look a right pair 😳

smell_it
    Free Member

Never, and whilst I enjoy a pierced wild haired bearded gent with facial tattoos as much as the next man, when I see a more everyday Joe sporting any type of piercing I just cringe.

CheesybeanZ

First one at 15 then 3 more , 2 in each ear . Had both nipples done for over 20 years – 3mm rings – really really hurt and bled when one got torn out and thats when I stopped wearing them .

tazzymtb

. Had both nipples done for over 20 years – 3mm rings – really really hurt and bled when one got torn out and thats when I stopped wearing them .

*waves madly at MrBeanz* Hiya xx

lost one of mine in a new model army gig when a tower of folks went over….that smarted a bit

same with a nose ring/chain at a killing joke concert

CheesybeanZ

Greetings Tazzy

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yup got two in my left ear but haven’t had a ring in either since 1990. I’m old now after all.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Ear piercing (Middle-aged man edition)’ is closed to new replies.