Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ear infection- should I go swimming?
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

I mentioned this on Friday, and have some ear-plugs. My doc said it should be ok. I’m using some ear-drops (Flumetasone).

Anyone had this before? Has continuing to swim, affected the time the infection takes to clear up?

Or should I just leave it, until it’s cleared up?

bruneep

so you’d take the advice of numpties on here rather than a trained professional.
    Having suffered my ear infections over the years I was always told to wait until it clears up.But hey! what do I know!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Me, I’d leave it to clear up properly.

But then I am a bit dodgy when it comes to ear infections, having had far too many and even ended up spending 6 days in hospital as an emergency admission with an ear infection once. I had morphine, drips, countless other drugs and was stuck in isolation for the first two days ‘cos they were very worried about what it was. All in all, that was a horrendous experience.

That’s why I’d let it clear up!

aP
    Free Member

Yes, get down to Prescott’s Channel right now and dive in.

Andy

piedi di formaggio – Member
    Me, I’d leave it to clear up properly.

But then I am a bit dodgy when it comes to ear infections

Did you have to change your name to Orecchie di formaggio?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

aP; I’ve got one thing to say to that:

Bow Locks.

😉

But I really want to go! There’s a pretty lady that comes on Mondays, and I’ve got on to ‘smiling and saying hello’ terms with her…

I do love my swimming. i hate to miss it, for anything. 🙁

ebygomm
    Free Member

If the doctor thinks it’s ok and you want to go then i’d go. I’ve never avoided swimming because of ear problems, even after i’d had grommets inserted.

sofatester
    Free Member

The only way to get over an infection is through physical rest. A few days rest now will pay back in the future.

The girl said “hello”? Your in there mate!

aP
    Free Member

If you give it a miss this week and she asks where you were when you go next week – then you know you’re on the way to being in.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’ve decided to give it a miss, for today, at least. 🙁

Sofa and aP; I also say hello to one or two blokes, as well. 😕 😯 Mind, she hasn’t run away yet, so I might have a slim chance.

There are a few pretty ladies, where I go. And I spose meeting people there, well, you get a pretty good idea of how fit they are!

Mind, there’s another cute one, that goes on Fridays. I swear I’ve seen her behind the bar at my fave local. Now that, may be a very rewarding quest…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ear infection- should I go swimming?’ is closed to new replies.