• This topic has 18 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by fin25.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Ear bogies – Things of endless wonder or disgusting?
  • Harry_the_Spider

I’m in the endless wonder camp. It’s a texture thing.

DezB
    Free Member

Where do you get them from?

Yak

Wonder.

Sometimes they feel like this:

But a disappointingly small bit falls out instead.

sandwicheater

Show Mrs Sandwicheater the really good ones. I’m almost sure the look i receive is of wonderment.

kimbers

I had my left ear syringed yesterday as it was impeding my hearing,. I still can’t believe how better my hearing is how much came out !!!!!

hammyuk
    Free Member

So that’s why it took you so long!

martinhutch

There are whole youtube channels devoted to perverts like you.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xDZv9LP-NY[/video]

tthew

Can I recommend Ear Candles.

Yep, they’re actually a thing. Like a long hollow taper that you jam in your lug hole and light the other end. Feels excitingly dangerous and risky to have this flaming torch hanging out of your head, and when finished you can un-wrap the filter bit and wonder at what that actually was living inside you.

hot_fiat

Grab an old film canister & ream a 5mm hole in it with some scisors. Put an ear candle in the hole and light it. Be amazed at the “wax” that is “extracted” from the empty film canister. Charltansim at its best.

woody2000

No, please don’t. They don’t work, and could be dangerous.

RobHilton
    Free Member

No, please don’t. They don’t work, and could be dangerous

Uh-huh.

I’d rather eat nose-bogies than ear-bogies.

slowoldman

I have a long history of the good old ear syringe. These days it’s 2 weeks on olive oil before they will deign to apply some pathetic low pressure pump thing to your ears. I miss the big nurse with the biceps and elephant syringe blasting warm water down the ears. You knew your ears had been syringed.

jekkyl

how do you know if you need your ears syringed? I’ve been getting ringing in the ears and wondering if I need this doing.

Harry_the_Spider

2m 45s is particularly satisfying.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Jekyll – tinnitus can be a sign of hearing damage. Have you been exposed to excessive noise?

You know that horrible sinking feeling you get when you break something valuable of your own? Times that by 1000 to imagine how I felt when the occ health nurse told me I had noise induced hearing damage after going to see her with tinnitus after angle grinding granite slabs in father in laws garage….

kimbers

jekkyl – Member
    how do you know if you need your ears syringed? I’ve been getting ringing in the ears and wondering if I need this doing.

Yes, you’ll have to soften up with olive oil drops for 7 days first, book thru your GP

Re noise damage
    Actually I’ve been using power tools a lot but always used earplugs which has been compacting the wax

bruneep

trust me micro suction is way better than syringing.

CountZero

Wax build-up isn’t a problem I have, generally, because I use canalphones, with longer triple-flanged eartips, that sit right down inside the ear canal, as a result, there’s a certain amount of heat build-up, and any wax softens and sticks to the eartips when I take them out.
    A win-win – I get better sound from the improved seal inside my ears, and better hearing through less wax-build-up, so better sound as a result! 😀

fin25
    Free Member

I have problems with my Eustachian tubes (between ear and nose), had grommets put i a couple of years ago, was a great relief. About a year after they went in my left ear lost most of it’s hearing. After a bit of digging I managed to pull out a massive ball of wax (about 1cm dimaeter), lo and behold, inside the ball of was was my grommet. Satisfying does not even begin to describe it.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Ear bogies – Things of endless wonder or disgusting?’ is closed to new replies.