Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ear ache….oh my dear lord!
  • ajantom

Currently suffering a middle ear infection with a boil (furuncle?) thrown in for good measure.

Sweet baby Jesus it hurts!
    I’ve actually just been crying it’s so bad.

Docs have put me on Fluxacillin, but Ibuprofen & paracetamol aren’t even touching the sides for the pain.
    Got some codiene in the medicine cupboard, is that ok to mix with the others?

Hot water bottle on side of head seems to work a bit, but gets a bit hot and sweaty after a while.

Owwwwweeee 🙁

martinhutch

Ouch.

Codeine? Are we talking full weight codeine or co-codamol type stuff?

If the latter, it also contains paracetamol so careful not to take too much. If it’s proper codeine it will take the edge off, I’m sure, but you don’t want to be taking it for more than a couple of days.

TBH speak to your doc and see what he/she recommends.

ajantom

Full fat stuff, 30mg tablets.
    I’ll just pop one to see if it helps 😉

martinhutch

On a side note, I now know the difference between a furuncle and carbuncle, so that’s useful.

weeksy

I feel your pain, i’ve got an eardrum issue currently which means it’s not doing what it’s supposed to. So my ear now echos on a slight delay, along with seeming to vibrate/reverberate too and is louder than usual.
    I can see me needing something more drastic than the usual medication stuff, but sadly that’s got to wait 4-6 weeks.
    50% of the time at the moment i need an earplug installing !

munrobiker
    Free Member

Oh man, it is the worst. I had one 3 years ago and if I get a twinge of pain in my ear I get genuinely worried that it’s another infection.

I had some fluid to put in my ear, think it was a spray, that helped more than pain killers.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Balaclava?

Hoodie & over-ear headphones for when you venture out.

ajantom

Codiene + Ibuprofen works quite well it turns out. Been a bit drowsy though!

Starting to wear off now, and I appear to have some nice discharge coming from my ear. Mmmm 😀

Having had a further dig in the ‘make you feel well’ cupboard (as named by our 4 year old) we appear to have 2 ampoules of Diamorphine 😯 must be left over unused from the home birth last summer.
    No needles though. Damn.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ear ache….oh my dear lord!’ is closed to new replies.