Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • eagles-long road out of eden?
  • big-chief-96
    Free Member

i have just got the long road out of eden and am a bit dissapointed. its alright but the earlier albums were much better. anyone else feel the same or is it just me loosing my taste in music?

saladdodger
    Free Member

yes you are right it is a alright album, not a bad one but not a good one either

btw according to my lad I have a shit taste in music ( he does not get Floyd / deep purple etc) but he still burns my music 🙄

megastream
    Free Member

I bought the CD expecting great things, found it was a great pile-o-shyte.

CountZero

Only heard the first single that came off it that was a huge hit. TBH, there are only a few Eagles songs that I like, I prefer Don Henley's solo work. Funnily enough, when that single came out I went to a concert by the guy who co-wrote it, and wrote some of their other songs as well. There were about 150 people there, capacity crowd. He said at one point that at his concerts you don't pay $100 for a ticket and walk three miles back to the car, but you get the Eagles hits.
    His name's John David Souther, and he's a real gent, with no affectations. Was delighted to sign my vinyl and cd copies of his '72 album Black Rose, one of my all-time favourite albums. A real joy to meet a musician and songwriter of his stature. He was living with Linda Ronstadt at one time as well…
    Git. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Closet big Eagles fan, and yeah, bit of a disappointment. Not as bad as some people make it out to be. What were people expecting? Hotel California?

sq225917
    Free Member

Isn't that the same as expecting the next stones album to be a great one?

saladdodger
    Free Member

have the stones ever done a good album ???

runs for coat and ducks for cover ➡

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘eagles-long road out of eden?’ is closed to new replies.