Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • E7- what do you think?
  • geologist
    Free Member

Im interested in this, right or wrong decision by the courts?

CountZero

I have no idea what you’re talking about.

shermer75
    Free Member

Forest Gate?

geologist
    Free Member

Google it, in the news today.

Its too long a story for me to type here , id only put my views on it, plus im watching the tour on sky 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Just googled it, still none the wiser…

shermer75
    Free Member

Nokia E7?

geologist
    Free Member

Azelle rodney

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have no problem with career criminals being shot dead.

geologist
    Free Member

Good answer 🙂

Northwind

The shooting? Officer’s explanation of events didn’t stand up to scrutiny at the end of the day. Presumably he knew he’d done wrong since if not, he had no reason to lie.

poly
    Free Member

I assume he means this – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23193571

but why someone who wants to start a discussion can’t (i) include a linke / provide clarification; (ii) refer to the name of the person who was shot rather than the code name for the police officer beats me.

as for “right or wrong decision by the courts?”

are we likely to be better placed to comment than the courts given the limited information anyone here is likely to have versus the court?

Philby

It seems they had plenty of opportunities to arrest him and charge him without shooting him. Much as he may have been a complete scumbag it is not up to some member of the constabluary to go round shooting people at will.

CountZero

Oh, that; why didn’t you say so, E7 meant nothing on its own.

I_Ache – Member

Well, if summary execution in the street without a trial having been held, and the party being found guilty, and without capital punishment being on the statute books is what you mean, then I’m afraid I have to disagree.

poly
    Free Member

I_Ache – Member

geologist – Member
    Good answer

given that we don’t have the death penalty in this country I have an issue with anyone being shot dead simply for being a criminal. I have even more concern that you think this is OK without even a trial first.

geologist
    Free Member

Yeah, I sort of agree and yet disagree, I was done for a crime I didnt commit, so ive experienced police lying first hand. But as said above the guy was a career crim. Should we ignore the coppers “misjudgment”, or should he be prosecuted.
    Its not like the the victim was maybe guilty of criminal activity, he was a scumbag, but can the copper be allowed to walk our streets armed, with a twitchey trigger finger?

Obviously we dont have all the info the courts have, but this is an open discussion forum, we can only work onthe info we have. How many discussions on the war against terror has there been here, we dont know 1/100th of the things that are involved! We only have the info we are given in the news

Junkyard
    Free Member

are we likely to be better placed to comment than the courts given the limited information anyone here is likely to have versus the court?

Like that is going to stop us….you are new here aren’t you 😉

Its not like the the victim was maybe guilty of criminal activity

if that is what it is not like then what it is like?

geologist
    Free Member

Well he was a well known ‘gangster’ going to steal drugs from another gang, and he was defo guilty of criminal activity, according to police intel!

bencooper
    Free Member

Well he was a well known ‘gangster’ going to steal drugs from another gang, and he was defo guilty of criminal activity, according to police intel!

Oh, well, that’s all right, then. If police intel says someone’s a wrong ‘un, it’s fine to shoot him dead without warning.

That worked well for Jean Charles De Menezes, didn’t it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

so they legally arrested him and presented the evidence to the court as per the law ?
    As they are now criminals who do we now send to shoot them ….its so confusing this justice thing

geologist
    Free Member

I dont think there was any doubt he was a crim, my question was your opinions on the courts decision about the copper.

bencooper
    Free Member

Court is spot on, he opened fire in less than a second, kept firing after his target went down, and then fibbed about the reasons afterwards.

Good stealth edit there, by the way.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont think there was any doubt he was a crim, my question was your opinions on the courts decision about the copper.

there is no doubt the coppers are crims according to the courts and i dont disagree.
    Do you think we should now shoot them?

geologist
    Free Member

Mmmmmm, no comment on that one . 😉

The whole reason I asked is that when I first heard the story I thought, great another **** gone from our streets, all good! But then I thought hangon, the police cant just go shooting people like that, what next? We will be like the usa soon. Then the lying etc etc, … not good

As mentioned above, I have no worries about a career crim being shot, but I worry about the ‘gungho’ness of our police.

poly
    Free Member

geologist – I’m confused ‘the question’ seems to centre on multiple issues:

1. Is it acceptable for the police to kill anyone they suspect of being a career criminal / scumbag? NO
    2. Were the appropriate procedures and safeguards for protecting the public from armed officer followed? The Inquiry says no.
    3. Should a police officer who doesn’t follow the correct protocols and kills someone face criminal prosecution? YES.

Which bit of that do you not agree with?

Northwind

It doesn’t have to be an either/or… I’ll be honest, I’m not too fussed about the guy getting shot. But you can’t have police officers shooting people without total justification (and the circumstances here are pretty nuts frankly, it’s not just the timing or the lack of good reason, it’s the fact he continued firing multiple times into his head.)

And you absolutely 100% can’t have them lying about it afterwards. That’s completely indefensible.

I’m left wondering what the outcome might have been if he’d said “I panicked”- presumably he’d be in less **** than he is now but how much?

geologist
    Free Member

2 and 3 I agree with, 1 is not so cut and dried. The guy was a known gangster, involved in serious crime, i have no knowledge about law, but does a person like that have a right to rights?

Edit – but thats more about the guy who was killed, Im interested about copper, was he right, but does our overly ‘pc’ world prevent anyone from admitting this in public?
    Was he right shoot, buf do it in a controlled manner?
    Was he wrong to shoot full stop?

I know the question is a bit ambiguous, but its a post pub, musing more than anything.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I have no worries about a career crim being shot, but I worry about the ‘gungho’ness of our police.

You would rather they showed an element of regret, as they go around killing people willy nilly ?

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘E7- what do you think?’ is closed to new replies.