Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • E150 fork: is anyone still looking for a way to use a 20mm bolt through hub?
  • stew1982
    Free Member

I have a friend who owns an Engineering firm and has come up with a way to use a 20mm hub (or probably a 15mm come to that) – so i’m going to have a couple produced for my own use and initially to try/test.

If it works perfectly (which i’m 99.9% sure it will) would anyone be interested?
    – no idea on cost yet, as it will depend on time/numbers and material used, but looking for an idea to cost it.

scotbike
    Free Member

Ah, keeping the e150 going – I might be interested. Be good to have the choice of something other than the bearing hungry stout hub or the phenomally expensive industry 9 wheels.

I’ve got a sketchy memory, but I seem to remember BETD quoting in the region of £100 to make an adapter for a 20mm maxle.

alcolepone
    Free Member

Yeah, i’d definatly be interested.

ah a 15mm axle on my fox forks, so both a 15 and 20mm options would be interesting

stew1982
    Free Member

The E150 got lot of stick early on, but I think mines superb, it tracks and performs superbly!

£100 sounds a lot to me, but then they’re doing it for profit! – I’m looking to cover costs and that’s it, so hopefully will be a fair bit cheaper!

scotbike
    Free Member

yeah, it needs a lot of time (or a lot of thought) to set up, but once it’s dialled, it’s a sweet, sweet ride!

£100. Yeah it would be a lot if it just worked with one manufacturer’s hubs, I reckon an adapter for any 20mm axle would be a winner. I’ve been trying to find the source of that half remembered ‘fact’, but I can’t! Also, I had conflicting advice as to whether or not the current Roval hubs could be adapted to work (using qr) but it seems not.

Lifer
    Free Member

Interest here!

stew1982
    Free Member

I looked at a set of Roval Traversee’s, but only 08 (and possibly 09 i think) are 25mm compatible. 2010’s are definately not.

I’ve only got a 20mm hope hub to try it on – are not all 20mm hubs (and 15mm hubs) the same? I can get hold of some 15’s for my hopes so that’ll not be a problem.

It’s gonna take a little while to get some made (it’s only in the design stage at the moment) and they’ll need thorough testing first before I want to let anyone else ride them – but rest assured if they’ll take my 17st ham-fisted riding, they’ll pretty much stand up to anything!
    If people can just put there name to this post, and I’ll make sure I contact anyone that was interested, as well as updating the post when I get costs and prototypes sorted.

scotbike
    Free Member

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16185486
    – here’s that BETD forum post, third down. The post below, by ibbo68, (who seems to have a lot of e150/’08 Enduro experience) goes into some of the issues regarding making an adapter, there’s also discussion of Hope there.

I looked at a set of Roval Traversee’s
    – I did the same recently and came to the same conclusion 😕 I was getting a bit concerned about having to ditch such a great fork in case the stock hub did get fubar’d, so I called Specialized uk and just scored the last 25mm Stout hub that they had, apparently they no longer manufacture Stout hubs of any size, so I was pretty glad to have a back up front wheel organised.

Anyway,the adapters you speak of sound good and I’m definitely in!

stew1982
    Free Member

I believe I’ve solved the issues with there not being enough material to screw one part into the other by, doing it the other way round and bolting the threaded end into the non threaded end (if that makes sense – it works anyway) It’s more complicated, but much stronger.

amphibian
    Free Member

+1

alcolepone
    Free Member

Any progress to report about this?

alcolepone
    Free Member

Bump

Lifer
    Free Member

Bump

alcolepone
    Free Member

BUMP’d again 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘E150 fork: is anyone still looking for a way to use a 20mm bolt through hub?’ is closed to new replies.