Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • E13 TRS Plus…. Mega expensive but anyone running one?
  • Poopscoop

Just TRS curious!

I love the range of it….. But the cost!

Any real world opinions of it?

davosaurusrex

I had the wheels a few years ago. Properly shit. Has put me off all their stuff

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

great intermediate front tyre IMO. Not great in really sloppy stuff, and side knobs can squirm on hard pack, but for everything else, super grippy. loam, wet rocks, roots etc. the stickier TRSR is even better grip wise, but perhaps the draggiest thing since something very draggy. I run the TRS+ on the front with something faster rolling on the back.

eulach

I bought an LG1+ crankset 4 years ago and it’s still working a treat now. The anodising did come off on the first ride but other than that, brilliant.

bgascoyne
    Free Member

Have the wheel set on my Capra. Front seems ok. Rear is crap. Spokes keep snapping, rear hub is rubbish – all three springs broke/snapped and had to be replaced. The pawl even managed to work its way out of the free hub groove. No idea how that happened. Wheel is current in Germany with E13 to get “sorted out”.

pinetree
    Free Member

Amazing how everyone’s harping on about other stuff like wheels and cranks when you asked about tyres, as if it’s relevant…

FWIW I’ve got a set- running TRS race up front, TRS+ out back. Yes, they’re expensive, but the grip from em is absolutely mental!
    I guess they are a bit draggy, so maybe not the best for big pedally days, but for playing around in the woods I’ve never felt it to be too much an issue.

nairnster
    Free Member

Surely its not tyres either? What would range mean?

Cassette

Poopscoop

Sorry guys!

I meant the wide range cassette. 🙂

pinetree
    Free Member

Surely its not tyres either? What would range mean?

You’re absolutely right! That’s weird… could have sworn the title said tyre.
    Whatever, it was late, and i’d had a few Whiskys…

So, ummm… cassette. I’ve not used one, but a couple of my riding buddies are using em. Seem to get on fine with them.
    I like that you can replace parts of it, rather than the whole thing.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I like the idea of it, and in theory, the alu sections which will wear faster should be available separately. However, I don’t trust that they would be available so if looking at something like that, I’d rather go with the Hope. It has a slightly narrower range (10-48 out soon) but at least you can trust you’ll be able to buy half a cassette. Of course, the wheels you can use it on is limited by the freehub but as I have Hope wheels, I wouldn’t entertain the idea of the E13 cassette.

The tyres are great performers though. Expensive and fast wearing, but tough for the weight and fantastically grippy.

Bought the 9-44 cassette for the ebike. Since it spends a lot of the time in the 3 smaller sprockets, the fact that these are replaceable separately was a major selling point.

bgascoyne
    Free Member

whoops – just saw TRS+ and started on attack. Didn’t realise it was just about tyres. Probably due to my annoyance about my rear wheel!

bedmaker

May be worth checking with a dealer/ distributor whether the individual bits are available to buy. If you can’t buy them now, you probably never will.
    E13, makers of the most expensive disposable tat out there IMO.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve got their race cranks and love them

I’ve got one – it works, great range, that’s about it

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just because it’s shown on a website, doesn’t mean it’s available.

pinetree
    Free Member

Just because it’s shown on a website, doesn’t mean it’s available.

It does when it shows the quantity they physically have in stock 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ll admit, it does increase the odds a little.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘E13 TRS Plus…. Mega expensive but anyone running one?’ is closed to new replies.