Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • E13 trs+ cranks
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

Anyone running these or similar e13 cranks? What’s the installation and removal like, bb compatibility etc and are they any good ? Thanks.

Andy

Had some on a second hand bike i bought and the bearings looked woefully skinny compared to other systems and didnt last long. I binned the chainset when they went.

fd3chris
    Free Member

That’s not promising. I know the bb are maybe suspect but I was hoping the cranks would be bullet proof.

chopchop
    Free Member

The bb is very poor, I replaced with a Hope bb which is far better. The cranks are ok though, no complaints about their durability or quality. You need specific tools to fit/remove the cranks and chain rings, the instructions found online are straightforward.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Cheers. I really like the look of the trs+ and race. They would definitely finish my build off lovely.

panzerjager
    Free Member

I like them, been running them for a year now & have no complaints.
    The tools are specific, but are easy to use, if you follow the correct procedure & there’s not a hint of them coming loose or making a sound.
    I’ve got on ok with the bb too, but then i don’t tend to get the hose pipe anywhere near it.
    I’m also running an Absolute Black direct mount oval ring, purely as they are the only oval direct mount available, it makes for a very clean & tidy set-up.
    I’d buy them again.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’m hovering over them or hopes. Its a close call .

nytmadn
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of sets, an older TRS+ and a TRS Race, both great, light and stiff with no issues. I use Raceface BBs as I can change the bearings in them, and they’re lasting well actually.

andyl
    Free Member

kicking myself for not clicking “buy” when I had some Hope cranks and BB30 BB in my basket when Tredz had their black friday discount code. £210 for cranks and BB.

SS are now doing round and oval chainrings for Hope too. Decided to go for some RF Aeffect as choice of Works and SS rings and can use shimano BBs.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve just priced up hope cranks with a rotor bb and a hope ring and it comes to around 260. Not bad I guess .

submarined
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of TRS+
    They came on my Capra and I transferred them to my Patrol. After less than 10 rides on the Capra this summer the BB was already showing signs of bearing wear!
    Put them on my new frame with a Hope BB, no such issues.
    The preload thing on the cranks is a bit pony, but once I’d played around with spacers and stuff on the BB and axle it was all good.
    Other than that, totally unremarkable, as in I’ve had no problems with them, which I guess is what you can hope for with cranks 🙂

Oh, and regarding removal – you don’t actually need to buy a specific tool 🙂 The threads on the crank are standard crank thread, and you can get over the hollow axle issue by grinding the flange off an old crank bolt, and threading it through the axle from the drive side, giving the crank extractor something to push against 🙂
    The above is immaterial if you buy aftermarket, though, as I believe they should come with the crank tool.

kimbers

Not trolling, honest, what makes them best part of 200 quid better than SLX ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘E13 trs+ cranks’ is closed to new replies.