Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • E13 LG1 Chain Device; spares?
  • crashbanggg
    Free Member

I recently bought a new bike (Well, new to me) however it was damaged during transit with part of the chain guide snapping off (Presumably dropped with some force!) the seller is being incredibly helpful and has offered to supply me with a replacement part, however he is having trouble sourcing one. This is the part that has snapped (I’ve never had a chain device so im not sure what its called!):

The bit that has snapped looks as though it is bolted on, so presumable replaceable? Does anyone have a link to where one could be purchased so I can forward it on?

Many thanks

honourablegeorge

Mine broke there too

You need the full replacement bashguard

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ethirteen-lg1-replacement-direct-mount-bash-guard/

For the price, I;d consider ditching the chain guide and just getting a narrow wide ring

crashbanggg
    Free Member

That’s perfect, thank you!

I think I’d rather stick with it, I’ve just bought a new chain ring at vast expense and I have a habit of somewhat over estimating my trials skills when hopping up rocks and logs!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    getonyourbike
    Free Member

Best option would be to get a narrow wide ring and leave the rest of the chain device on there, with the lower roller snapped off. Way forward. At least as good a chain retention and less drag, while keeping the chain ring protection.

I’ve taken a hacksaw to full chain devices before for this purpose. You’ve saved yourself a job there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘E13 LG1 Chain Device; spares?’ is closed to new replies.