Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 180 total)
  • E-bike riders
  • joebristol

I miss the abuse I was getting on this thread. All the lazy ebike types must be off getting their knickers in a twist that they can’t get their fox stuff serviced so they can go out clogging up the trails slowly (downhill).

colp

Then if trail centre staff can’t differentiate between legal and illegal bikes, there should be a blanket ban on them at trail centres.

I think the trail centres should have a blanket ban at the picnic areas too.

mark90
    Free Member

A blanket blanket ban, or just banning e-blankets? Surely the classic tartan is still ok.

alpin
    Free Member

I want one.
    I can’t afford one.

I’m not unfit or sick or old.

No, but you are now dead, well, to me at least….

Oh, and no fist bumps.

tomhoward

Don’t think I’ve ever seen any trail centre staff out looking for motorbikes, is that really a thing?

No, I assume because it isn’t an issue…

kerley
    Free Member

I miss the abuse I was getting on this thread. (downhill).

Guess you are not as good at trolling as you think you are.

sirromj

Heard this weird tinkling noise behind me today. Thought perhaps it was a leper, or a fairy, so carried on. Eventually decided to let the rider past and turned out to be a e-bike rider to my disgust. Wearing those beige wooly lined workman boots too. I manager to just get to the top of a small mound in time to see if he did the jumps and suprise suprise he just rolled them. I tried to show the kids next to the jumps how they were supposed to be done but was rubbish as was tired.

hodge100
    Free Member

Joebristol to say people on e bikes have no skill on the trails is like me calling you a bell end when I have never met you. I don’t know you and you don’t know the story of the ebikers. To people who say that e bikes don’t make you fit then try an e bike and shut the f up. E bikes assist but don’t do all the work. You still gotta pedal and put effort in. I am 46 years old, I’ve been MTP ing again for 3 years after about 23 off, I did it to loose weight and get fit which I have but as life commitments and a new baby take over I can’t get out as much anymore, maybe once a week. So I’m going to get an e bike to ASSIST me so that I can go out with my mates and not be left behind because I’m not out as much as them and I get to still enjoy mountain biking. So all you haters should just STFU and ride and worry about your own life.

joebristol

Random abuse after a few weeks of the thread being quiet. Almost like you searched for an e bike thread to comment on!

In this case I was justified in my unskilled comment – every time the trail went twisty / downhill / needed a bit of skill the ebikers dropped back as they couldn’t keep up. Every time they could open up the power of the motor / it went uphill they were faster.

So my comment in this case was absolutely fair.

hodge100
    Free Member

Joe Bristol I found the thread looking through the forum, you need to get out more rather than being a keyboard warrior, I know a guy who at 58 is awesome down hill on his e bike, he had 30 years of MTB before he got an bike. Your assuming that people who ride bike are all fat, unfit and unskilled just because a couple of e bikers you have seen are. And if you think my post was abuse you really have no idea. Your comments are so narrow minded you see.

joebristol

You’re missing the point. I specifically said above all my comments applied to the e bikers I came across.

Lester
    Free Member

im 65 , this is me on my turbo levo

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMiq9e2lg0licovQgTAlpHHg_MBuPnWIJQZrAfN

think im doing ok

gowerboy

Not sure why I am joining in here…. But I think Chevy is right – throttle controlled = ebike, pedal sensor controlled = pedalec?

martymac

Not quite,
    Pedal controlled = legal ebike
    Throttle controlled (or if it goes faster than 25kmh) electric motorbike.
    To be fair, to the guy above who had his leg cut by an ebiker, the person who did that was a bellend, the fact he was on an electric motorbike is irrelevant, he is probably still a bellend when he’s not on a motorbike.

aracer
    Free Member

Not quite – I think any new e-bikes have to be pedal controlled, but you’re allowed throttle control on older e-bikes (I think the cutoff is bought before the end of 2015).

martymac

Aracer, yes thats my understanding too. I haven’t seen any that aren’t just straight pedelec though, as far as im aware.

Goldigger
    Free Member

I’m going to get an ebike, not coz I’m unfit, fat or unskilled as I’m neither of those. Just to p@ss the haters off, where’s the best place to ride with all the haters?
    How many times can I get called a w@nker or a motorcyclist in two hours on a trail?
    Also need to get some jeans and a hoodie 😀

martymac

Goldigger, ive never had anything like that said to me.
    Ive had plenty of ‘how much? You could buy a flippin car for that!!’ Tho.

Goldigger
    Free Member

I might not bother now then, where’s the fun in that.

I did have a go on a MERIDA EONE SIXTY 900..i was amazed at how much assist boost gave when pulling off from a stand still.

Seems like a good idea when my knees are totally borked, but then trying to put it in the back of the car might be an issue at 22kg if I’m semi crippled.

whitestone
    Free Member

Don’t worry there’ll be a Stanah tail lift out soon to help you get it into your SUV!

I’ve no real problem with e-bikes, road or MTB, but at the moment everything (just about) works so it would be plain laziness on my part.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 180 total)

The topic ‘E-bike riders’ is closed to new replies.