Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • e-type bottom bracket question?
  • colande
    Free Member

hi
    my friend extracted his octalink bb at the weekend to find out size to order and to replace

and its a 73e x 126mm etype bb,

been struggling to find a replacement looked on madison's website and it's not listed on there.

my question is there any difference between an normal 73x126mm BB and an e-type BB?

I know there is no difference between 68mm and 73mm shell bb except the sticker and non-drive side cup (the 73mm coming with a longer cup)
    is this the same deal with e-type BB?

cheers

TomB

The e type octalink bb I just removed seems to have the axle protruding further on the drive side, while the standard bb I bought seems to be the same length either side- would that be right?

Dickyboy

I do not know for sure but I presume that a 73mm e type bottom bracket will actually be a little wider than 73mm between the cups to accomodate the width of the front mech ring round the bottom bracket

clubber
    Free Member

As above, a 73mm e type mech is actually spaced for 75.5mm eg accounts for the mech bb mount and is offset to suit.

It maybe be easiest just to get a deore ht2 chainset replacement as they work with a 73mm e type as standard (fit no spacers)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘e-type bottom bracket question?’ is closed to new replies.