Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • E-mail – Privacy content
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Currently I am embroiled in an email argument with my ex wife over access to my kids. Just take it from me she’s not a very “reasonable” person. This is not why I am on here so no realationship advice is being sought.

Anyway….

Via Yahoo Mail homepage I see that I am now being targeted by ads from various “father related” content providers, I deduce that the only way they have done this is to scan the content of my mail as I have not clicked through any type of website or conducted any search on this matter. I get that I am hit with lots of bike related stuff, holiday/airlines etc but to be sent ads from the National Assoc of Fatherhood is bit much and I feel, invasive. Do I have to resign from the Internet?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Do I have to resign from the Internet?

Probably for the best.

deduce that the only way they have done this is to scan the content of my mail

Google do it, so I would be surprised if Yahoo didn’t as well. There might be something in your privacy settings to turn it off? Either that or find a good adblocker and install that.

scotroutes

Basically, yes.

maccruiskeen

deduce that the only way they have done this is to scan the content of my mail

why else do you think people like Yahoo/Google/Hotmail provide these services for free

leffeboy

yes or use a paid email service. This is how they provide the service for free
    edit: beaten to it by 7 secs 🙂

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Right that’s it then I’m off to write a stiff letter, does anyone have any cardboard?

or really care for that matter?

Gordy
    Free Member

I think they all do it now, but it’s not like anybody reads your emails. You can opt out if you poke about in your email settings.

johndoh
    Free Member

Someone I know had his own father bombard him with emails about women’s underwear just to make him get the Bravisimo / La Senza ads popping up all over his email 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘E-mail – Privacy content’ is closed to new replies.