Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • E-Cigs: Any passive health issues?
  • piemonster

For years we were forced to be poisoned by smokers filthy tobacco filled air at work, in the pubs, shops and restaurants. Finally common sense prevailed and it was banned for the good of all. Best ban this one now before they find too late it’s doing harm to others too. PIss off outside with your vapours we don’t want to inhale them.

You’ve just reminded me of when the smoking ban came in. I remember going to the pub on the frost day, and inhaling the smell of staleness, spilt beer, maybe some sick, the strong smell of urine near the toilets, and thinking ‘wow, what a massive improvement’ and it was.

yunki
    Free Member

I got ebola once from looking at a cigarette butt.. FACT

I’m more concerned by car fumes than I am passive smoking/vaping

Drac

I’m more concerned by car fumes than I am passive smoking/vaping

It’s not a mutually exclusive thing, you can be concerned about more than one.

cheez0
    Free Member

What drac says in the few comments above +1

..and i wouldnt want to visit piemonsters local!

piemonster

The Lescars Hotel, Sheffield on a Sunday lunchtime pint or two.

piemonster

😀 not sure where “frost day” came from, that should be ‘first day’

yunki
    Free Member

Yeah, ok drac fair point..

What I really mean is this is a daft thing to worry about, it’s just a really poor excuse to try and lord it up over other humans..

If we wanted to worry about our health in a realistic manner, wouldn’t it probably be more beneficial to try to address the psychological issue that drives us to concern ourselves with others actions to this sort of degree?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

thinking ‘wow, what a massive improvement’ and it was.

Where as I thought wow, I don’t need to wash every item of clothing as it no longer smells of fags and I can actually breath the air. What a massive improvement I’m no longer being poisoned by second hand smoke.

milky1980
    Free Member

All I know about E-Cigs is that:

A: the vapour smells bad enough for me to stand away from friends while they use them, same as smokers.
    B: the health implications, good and bad, are not yet known.
    C: the tobacco industry is heavily involved in them, this leads to a level of distrust about any information that comes from them.
    D: they have become the latest fashion trend with kids here in most of South Wales.
    E: they are not currently regulated.
    F: you still look like an idiot using one.

nealglover
    Free Member

We both left the pub early because it was affecting our throats, so contrary to opinion on here, it gave us both a sore throat for 3-4 days, so for the people who will argue night is day etc, that is a FACT.

Writing fact in capitals doesn’t make it any more likely.

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘E-Cigs: Any passive health issues?’ is closed to new replies.