Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • E bikes
  • larrythelathe
    Free Member

Long story short I am considering one as I suffer from arthritis and its stopping me from riding.

Will I be kicked from ST

wiggles
    Free Member

I think they are a great idea for people in your sort of situation, where riding would be difficult without them. A medical issue shouldn’t stop people doing what they enjoy, the issue I have is if they make them stupidly overpowered so people just light their rear wheel up constantly and all the trails end up the same as a rutted MX track.

So IMO depends on the reason for getting one and how sensibly it is designed/used.

choppersquad
    Free Member

If it helps to get you out on your bike then it can only be a good thing.

ton

I used a e bike for 2 years due to a heart problem.
    they are fantastic. why give up something you love, when with the help of a e bike you can keep doing it.

one bit of advice, buy a bosch type. and look at lapierre…..awesome.

ontor
    Free Member

I had a go on a lapierre last year and it was awesome. 14mph up a long steep fireroad. If I had the money I’d buy one for my other half instantly.
    Good on you OP, whatever keeps you riding is ace!

back2basics
    Free Member

Copenhagen wheel. Keep your pride and joy

monkeychild
    Free Member

I had a go on the Scott one, it was a hoot. Why give up something if there is a way to carry it on.

thejesmonddingo

My mate who is in his mid 70s and awaiting his second hip replacement uses one,it’s the only way he can get out.I hate it,14 mph uphill is a **** to keep up with 😆

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I hope I’m a good way from being unable to ride unassisted but if an E-bike will let me keep getting out when that happens then I’m all for them.
    On top of that if they get some people out of their cars (maybe they want to ride but they’re scared of the distance) then that’s a good thing too.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

Cheers chaps 🙂 I am only 35, people find that strange when I tell them I have arthritis!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘E bikes’ is closed to new replies.