Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • E bike commuter is go!
  • tjagain

Nonk – I wrapped up the excess cable in gaffer tape and tucked it under the BB so its hidden. the plugs are too big to put thru a hole in the frame and the cable runs are short apart from the one to the bar switch

benp1

Good update

Would many e bikes last longer than that on full boost though?

What’s the difference between full boost and half boost? Apart from battery usage. Is it acceleration or does it noticeably put in less drive at all speeds up to 15mph

tjagain

this is a torque sensing motor. ON low power it adds an extra 75% to the effort you put in, normal 100%. high 150%

So if I am putting out 100w say – on low boost the motor adds another 75w. on normal 100w on high 150w the harder you push the pedals the more power the motor puts out. Up to a max of 250W and up to 15 mph

So it simply responds to how much power you put in

I think the range is about average really – its a 36v 9amp hr battery

fisha
    Free Member

I have had trouble setting up the chain so it didn’t slip

Wrap the chain over the top of the tensioner to get more chain wrap on the rear – provided you can flip the spring tension direction.

tjagain

fisha – I solved it – it was a weird incompatibility between the sunrace 9spd chain I had bought and the sprockets. Put a sram chain on and its fine. all my bikes run 9spd chains so I only have to carry one set of spare chainlinks / quick links

I can only assume the sunrace chain was at one end of the allowed manufacturing tolerances and wouldn’t sit well on the unramped sprockets but the sram does. Well weird

GeForceJunky

I’m very tempted by something like this for my commute – 8 miles of quiet back roads, 2 very steep (1 in 5) hills, one of which is right next to my house so makes for a horrible warm up! As you no longer need it, would you consider selling the kit?

tjagain

Not worth selling as I would lose too much. I can highly recommend the sunstar kit tho. rides as well as a bosch motored bike and better than the bafung or any hub motor bike / kit but can be fitted to most bikes

zilog6128

Looks like Sunstar have discontinued this kit, “due to the rapid boom of e-bikes with integrated electrical motors” (although they’re still honouring warranties).

Anyone seen any retailers flogging the kits off cheap?! 🙂

2nd hand fat bike + cheap retrofit kit = fun times!!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘E bike commuter is go!’ is closed to new replies.