Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • E-bike batteries and 18650 cells
  • Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

Is anyone up to speed on electric bike batteries?

With 14s5p etc. I understand that the 14s bit is referring to 14 cells in series, but what does the 5p bit mean? And what is the benefit to a higher p number?

And, there seems to be a few different cell types to choose from 22P / 33G / 30Q etc. Em3ev describe the 33G as ‘high energy’ and the 30Q as ‘high power’ what’s the difference?

I’ve had a look on endless sphere, while there are heaps of interesting posts on there I struggle to find answers to specific questions.

14 in series (48 Volts) and 5 of those strings in parallel = 70 batteries.

33 probably means 3.3 Amp hour etc

30 would mean lower Amp hour, but higher rated current.

22 sounds pretty basic.

lesshaste

As Dave says, the cells are usually 3.6v, so 10s would give you 36v, 14s 48v etc. Increasing the parallel number gives you more capacity (ah’s). The amount of energy you can get into a battery can be measured in watt hours and if my memory serves you multiply the voltage by the ah of all the cells to get that.
    Also, some cells can cope with a higher discharge rate than others, so can be used in high output motorbike style ebikes(high power?)
    If you look on Nkon’s site, you can see all the specs of common cells in use at the moment.

Ishouldbeworking
    Free Member

Thanks guys, that’s cleared it up nicely

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘E-bike batteries and 18650 cells’ is closed to new replies.