Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • E Bay premature item failure
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Im after a bit of guidance here.
    I bought a new lower engine mount for my Scenic and fitted it at the end of July, it was less than £20, so Im not massively out of pocket.
    Its not weight bearing as such and is just there to hold and damp the engine from swinging about on the two main upper mounts, dealing with fore / aft movement.
    It was noticed by the mechanic that it had failed, thus allowing the engine to swing 2-3″. Now I’d say that less than 3 months use, possibly only 1000 miles would be a premature failure.
    I’ve contacted the E-bay store twice in 2 weeks that sold it and so far they haven’t responded.
    So where do we go from here?
    Do I just suck it up or can I raise a case with E-Bay?
    I’ve had things from E Bay fail prematurely before, I just contacted the seller who replaced the item FOC.

weeksy

I generally go upon what the other usual value is…

i bought something that was £70 instead of the common price everywhere else of £340…. i didn’t expect much from it….

It was rubbish.

If i’m saving only 10% on the usual highstreet equivalent price, i want decent quality.

legend
    Free Member

The only advice I’ve heard on buying cheap dog-bone links for a Renault was “don’t” due to the same kind of quick failure you mention. iirc Renault ones tend to be cheap anyway, so it not worth the hassle in the end.

P.S. also meant to say that I probably wouldn’t bother chasing. If it was Euro Car Parts then maybe, but not some eBay outfit that I don’t want a replacement item from

bigyinn
    Free Member

legend, you clearly know the bit im talking about.
    You can see where the rubber “V” has just come away from the circular metal section, looks like its just de-bonded, rather than torn like the renault original.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘E Bay premature item failure’ is closed to new replies.