Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • E-bay / Paypal question
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Ok, im not sure if im jumping the gun or not, not having been in this position before.

Basically I purchased something off an e-bay shop, payment taken, then 2 days later I get an e-bay message saying sorry out of stock, you can either wait or cancel and we’ll refund. I’ve asked for a refund.
    Called them yesterday and they’ve refunded the paypal transaction. Paypal say they’ve refunded it to my card (as thats how I paid originally) as well, but nothing is showing up in my bank account 24 hours later. How long should I wait before it shows up as a credit on my bank account?

Also, how do I go about cancelling the already refunded order on e-bay, as its still showing awaiting payment?

Thanks in advance.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Anyone??

iamsporticus
    Free Member

PayPal take ages to transfer cash back to you

But strangely grab it statto the other way round

Give it a few days

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thanks ias! Having delved a bit into their FAQs it can be up to 30days, FFS.
    Its not like I really need it at this time of year anyway, oh no.

bombjack
    Free Member

Also depends on how the money was refunded. If it comes of a credit card it’ll take approx. 7 days, if its from a Paypal account or current account its normally 2 working days. FWIW I’ve never had it take anywhere near 30 days to get a refund and I’ve dealt with some right cocktards on ebay.

weeksy

i’ve seen it taking 7-10 days more than a few times to clear my account.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Great, clowns. Take it within 24 hours, take 1 week to return it.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Panic over, grumbling retracted, money has returned to my account this afternoon.
    Thanks all!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘E-bay / Paypal question’ is closed to new replies.