Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • E?? ?????? ????? ???????? ????
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, it’s time to think about a holiday and I reckon that a trip to one of the small Greek islands might be in order. You know the sort of thing, nice villa, private pool, rent a little motorboat and trip around the quiet coves to find a nice isolated spot to quaff Mythos in the sunshine.

Not interested in crazy nightlife, just a nice place that’s still real and calm, sort of like a nice fishing village but with a good quality place to stay.

Anyone got any good suggestions?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Belgium.

househusband

Croatia.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I’ve had some great holidays to Rhodes.

Obviously you would avoid Faliraki.

Lindos is nice. The Lindos Mare is very relaxing. “An atmosphere of discreet luxury…”

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Dunno but make sure you don’t get next to where the ba*tard f**king cockerels start crowing at 3am till 8 then the f**cking ba*tard workmen turn up next door & start the twa**ing cement mixer.
    Like what happened to us on Skiathos. Thank you at Kosmar Holidays complaints dept, I still hope your’e all out of work.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Lesbos, obviously :o)

Houns

Clicky

http://www.mrandmrssmith.com/luxury-hotels/greece/mykonos/cavo-tagoo/

I know you want a villa but this Hotel is amazing – It has villas but they are pricey

DrJ

Mrs J is greek so we have visited a fair few of the islands. Our favourites, for different reasons, are ithaki, andros and siphnos. All of them are relatively quiet with nice beaches and also some variety of what to do when you don’t just want to sleep by the water. Not great night life but that is fine for us noting old farts:-)

jonb
    Free Member

The coast of Croatia is very nice. Spent a week on the islands around Dubrovnik last year (seakaying, not sunbathing). Great food as long as you like fish and aren’t in a rush. Great weather. No real beaches but plenty of coast keeps the majority of drunken tourists away. Most of the islands didn’t have big hotels. We stayed in someone’s spare room for a few nights (b and b). Not sure how you’d go about finding them all but Lonely planet and google would help.

jamesca
    Free Member

finikounda, it’s on the main land but it’s really quiet and is still a working village so most of the bars have plenty of locals drinking and eating (at least that’s what it was like 4 years ago). food was very good, everywhere used to put their lamb/hog/chicken roasts on in the morning ready for the evening.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This place never ceases to amaze me!

Houns, that looks good, will research.

Jamesca, Fini? Are you a Neilson acolyte, perchance? 😉

jonb, had thought about a bareboat cruise around Croatia, as it happens, as another option.

Keep ’em coming, folks, amazing so far!

Stoner
    Free Member

Mrs S and I spent a wonderful week aboard this lovely little thing. Cruising from Split via Brac, Hvar, Korcula (highy recommended) and Mijet (Also top) to Dubrovnik and then back again. Superb country. Wonderful food, and some awesome Mojitos 🙂

Q
    Free Member

Stoner,

That looks pretty special.

Who did you book with?

And if you don’t mind the cheeky question, how much moolah?

DrJ

For a special break we stayed here:

Home

Stoner
    Free Member

I cant remember who we went with, but there’s quite a lot of outfits doing the same thing (all those lookalike boats in the pictures were doing the same sort of trip).

EDIT: remembered the boat name (Tvrdi) and google has come up a winner:
    http://www.opatija.net/cruises.asp?id=2

these are the guys and this was the route.

prices dont seem to have gone up too much (we went in 2004)

Cost about £700 for the week for the two of us – full board and 2x berth, free wine. Beer was extra. There were about 10 people on the boat in all + crew. The others were very nice people and good company.

Jamie
    Free Member

Greek island recommendation would be Sifnos. My brother married his Greek lady friend there as its were the Greeks mostly go for their holidays. Quiet as you like, no tourists really. Really chilled out.

Q
    Free Member

Cheers Stoner,

Full board for that price looks like a bargain.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Have a look at Kalami on Corfu captain, the rothschilds live further along the bay so you’ll probably be invited round for tea. Thomas’s restaurant is wonderful and a table on the beach in the moonlight is one of my great holiday memories.

swamp_boy

Sifnos is good, Serifos worth a visit too, Easy Cruise have discovered it now but there are plenty of unspoilt bits still. Marias’s taverna at the VERY far end of the bay is worth the trip. Big pots of lamb / goat stew and wine that tastes like its made of raisins. Loved Milos, if you go there get one of the boat trips that goes round the island stopping in bays you can’t get to any other way, spectacular geology too if you like that sort of thing.

Merlinman

Folegandros, Sikinos, Kimolos or Milos – but keep them quiet 🙂

swamp_boy

Not an island but for a uniquely Greek experience with very few tourists you could try the Mani peninsula – best summed up as the Deep South of Greece with all the usual deep south features like family feuds that go on for generations, rugged independence from national government, large calibre firearms, hospitality to strangers. You seem like a libertarian, you’ll probably love it.

We’ve been a couple of times, last time the room in Areopoli [named after Ares the god of war] had a Boys anti tank rifle on the balcony. Bit corroded but the action was greased up ready to go, just in case.

You can also swim past the cave that is the traditional gate to Hades.

More about it in Mani by Patrick Leigh Fermor, who live there – his other stuff is worth a read too.

andy_hamgreen

didn’t he walk there ?

noteeth
    Free Member

Patrick Leigh Fermor

Straying OT to Crete, but this is a great holiday read.

BigJohn

I do like Lefkada.

Specifically, I like Vassiliki, but that might be a bit noisy for you. But if a bit of Biking and Windsurfing would go down well, its worth a look.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

family feuds that go on for generations, rugged independence from national government, large calibre firearms, hospitality to strangers. You seem like a libertarian, you’ll probably love it.

😆

On the “to research” list.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘E?? ?????? ????? ???????? ????’ is closed to new replies.