Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Dyson vs Miele
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Ah James Dyson, the man who got stinking rich making vacuums in the UK, then took manufacturing abroad because he wasn’t making enough. And he’s a barf supporter.
    He can go and **** himself, and Miele make better machines anyway.

nickjb
    Free Member

Ah James Dyson, the man who got stinking rich making vacuums in the UK, then took manufacturing abroad because he wasn’t making enough

wondered when that usual nonsense would get trotted out. He’s a massive supporter of the UK and employs far more staff in design and development than he ever did in production.

rone

Funny how Miele can make them on own turf and charge almost half for a better quality product.

Have two Mieles and one handheld Dyson which is good at what it does. Shame no one is competing with Dyson here.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I am very pro buy-British but Miele just make better machines imo and they cost less.

wrecker
    Free Member

wondered when that usual nonsense would get trotted out.

What kind of person calls the truth nonsense? He still put the best part of 1000 people out of work so he could get richer. That’s not nonsense, it really happened.

He’s a massive supporter of the UK

If there is nonsense in this thread, this is it. He throws his toys out of the pram and threatens to pull out of the UK every time he doesn’t get his own way.

T1000
    Free Member

Funny that Miele keep it quiet but do produce some of their products in China and Eastern Europe, but why bother when that can get in the way of a good rant

wrecker
    Free Member

Nobody is holding mieles CEO up as an example of British entrepreneurship.

T1000
    Free Member

It didn’t seem that anyone on here was, just folks making critical comments about Dyson manufacturing in the Far East when their competitors do as well.

The ops question was about the products and not the personality of one of the companies owners,

one of the folk who passed comments were being inequitable by failing to mention that the competition did the same, by manufacturing overseas as well.

wrecker
    Free Member

Would you buy something manufactured by a company owned by someone you consider to be an objectionable person?
    You seem like someone who would consider ethics when purchasing.

T1000
    Free Member

And you?

fourbanger
    Free Member

To my shame I bought a Dyson as it was on offer.
    Build quality was pretty shoddy. The tolerances are terrible and all the connections feel lose. Actually angers me every time I use it. If I had bought an expensive one I’d be fuming.
    It does do a good job of vacuuming, but emptying it is a ball ache as it gets jammed and nearly ended its life very prematurely.
    So those are some legitimate reasons for not buying one if you need something other than Dyson being a Brexit voting arsehole who took jobs out of this country.

kelvin

My Dyson owning experience was the same as most people’s, it just fell apart, awful thing.
    Get a Numatic, it doesn’t have to be a Henry, they’re all better and sturdier than the competition.
    Tip 1: try and get one of the newer “lower power” versions, the suction is better, and they’re quieter.
    Tip 2: the industrial varients have (even) longer cables, and can often be had cheaper from suppliers.

kelvin

Oh, all the Numatics are made in the UK, although that didn’t sway me as it happens, I just wanted cheap and sturdy.

bearnecessities

Henry here – who doesn’t want a vacuum with a smiley face?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

whose primary talent in life is deceiving the public with marketing spin…

sounds like Alan Sugar except that Dysons product is much better quality than the sh1t Amstrad used to sell.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Our Dyson DC18 has been very good…

Cougar

We got a V8 at Christmas. It’s awesome and weighs nowt.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I got a v8. Does the play in all the joints not make you want to stamp on it?

stumpy01

Question to the Miele users…..how frequently do you change the bags?
    And how do they deal with pet hairs?

We’ve always stuck with uprights because they seem to to clean carpets better, but the cylinder vacuums seem to be quieter (from the ones I have been looking at) which is something we like the idea of….

No mention of Vax? Were currently looking at one (an upright) that has a lift off cylinder for doing the stairs. Seems like a good idea…

tjagain

Meile every timne for us. far better than the dyson we had.

km79
    Free Member

If you are making such a mess that a Henry can’t clear it up then you need to be looking at other things in your life.

jairaj

Add Bosch to your shortlist. Very good cleaning performance and cheaper than Dyson. They have very good filters to remove allergens from the air and come in bagless designs too if thats what you are after. I’ve had my Bosch for 5 years now and it’s still running great. I regularly use mine to pick up mud and bits of forest I’ve dragged in with the bike and it just eats it up no problem.

In the Which? tests Dyson, Miele and Bosch regularly get very good rating. Depends on the exact model and what use to really pick a winner.

rone

one of the folk who passed comments were being inequitable by failing to mention that the competition did the same, by manufacturing overseas as well.

I wasn’t being inequitable at all. I’m going by my experience. Had 5 Miele vac’s and they’ve all been made in Germany. As as the dishwasher and washing machine.

Yes some companies do of course make or license products in China but I’d not come across this with Miele and it certainly isn’t the majority. As for keeping it quiet, well it says made in Germany on the machine.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Guys guys guys,
    You don’t want a Miele, you want a Melissa 😛

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijUkumS1dq8[/video]

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

There’s a bagless Miele out now

TiRed

My family all bought Dyson. We bought a Miele. They all now have Miele. The Miele bags are excellent, easily available, and seal your skin neatly away.

They also service and refurbish properly. When ours had a failed switch, they sent a box for courier, and for £69, it was returned completely refurbished with all new tools. When I queried this, was they said it was all part of the service and just swallowed any extra costs. Excellent service.

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Yes some companies do of course make or license products in China but I’d not come across this with Miele and it certainly isn’t the majority. As for keeping it quiet, well it says made in Germany on the machine.

Miele’s C1 compact for the North American market is made in China. As I understan it, their hepa sealed system vacs are all german

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

This is a great thread. It makes me chortle when someone raves on about a particular brand saying they’ve had three or more of them….h h hold on. What are you doing to them!!? Either they’re flimsy as shit or you treating ’em ruff. I’ve had one in the past 20 years. Still works a treat.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The motor has just started failing in our 10 + yr old Miele Cat & Dog. 🙁

Dyson do not appear to get much love above?

Miele again for a cylinder, or is there a better option?

ourmaninthenorth

Sebo Felix* here.

We had a Dyson a few years ago, but it didn’t stand up to a house renovation. It was replaced by a Samsung recommended on here – that was hopeless and found its way to the recycling centre.

And then Mrs North came home with a Sebo. And it’s brilliant.

* Designed for pets. Works really well with our two cats….

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I read the which reports over the weekend, and just about all the top 10 is Miele.

So another Cat & Dog it is 😀

stumpy01

Ordered one of these last night:

http://ao.com/product/u84alpme-vax-air-lift-steerable-pet-max-upright-vacuum-cleaner-silver-40593-60.aspx

There was an extra 10% off offer yesterday so got it for £135.

We’ve never found cylinder vacuums work that well on carpets, so opted again for an upright.
    The suction bit lifts off the main chassis so you can hold it while doing the stairs. No idea if it’s a gimmick, but it seems to get good reviews.

Hardly the most exciting purchase, but given that our current vacuum cleaner (a cheap Samsung that has done us great service for the last 10 years or so) is getting noisier & noisier, this will hopefully make cleaning up a bit less annoying….

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Dyson vs Miele’ is closed to new replies.