Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Dyson Vacuum Cleaners
  • mightymule
    Free Member

Probably going to be needing a new vacuum cleaner sometime soon.

So, are Dysons really that good?

Also, how well do they cope with copious amounts of pet hair?

restless
    Free Member

I used to get through about one hoover every year or two, but since having a Dyson, it has lasted 😀

I have the pull along type rather than upright and it is a pet hair one too, but I don’t have carpets so cannot really advise on that.

headpotdog
    Free Member

We’ve got two golden retrievers and our Dyson deals with all their hair really well!! I think its a DC14 Animal.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

got a dyson ball at my primary home and a brand new £90 hoover at my second home. The dyson is by far the better vacuum. you may be able to get comparable power from others but the hoover is just annoying and ineffective in comparison. the belt drive is forever breaking on the hoover and it is never on the right height. I bought it because it had good reviews but was rather disappointed

deserter
    Free Member

I got a dc37 and it has an attachment for hoovering the dog………love it

Alphabet

I’ve got a Dyson Animal that is 10 years old and still going strong. If it ever brakes I’ll be getting another.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve got a Henry Extra or some animal one.

I’ll be getting a Dyson next time.

HermanShake
    Free Member

We got ours for about £65 off ebay a few years ago. Works great and needs emptying regularly because of this.

I wouldn’t buy one new, I would buy one again.

cbike
    Free Member

Every time you empty it you inhale all the muck as it ‘re distributes round the kitchen. Its heavy. You still need to clean filters and tough luck if you get a blockage. Oreck is where its at. Super light and tidy bag swap.

toby1

Ours is fricking ace, also a dc14. With a wife that moults lots.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Every time you empty it you inhale all the muck as it ‘re distributes round the kitchen. Its heavy. You still need to clean filters and tough luck if you get a blockage.

Empty it outside?

Had a second hand one and there are some simple strip down guides. Once in a while strip down for long life clean the filters and off you go

ivantate
    Free Member

we had a snail one and the missus hated it compared to the 50 quid argos special we had before. Too heavy and less power.

Since bought a minature upright with the ball and she is far happier. Not great if like me you use the hose alot.

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

Got a couple of long haired gsd’s that seem to be permanently moulting, the dc14 animal I’ve had for 7 years has no problem picking all the hair up. Can’t see the newer models being any worse.
    The only niggle is the size of the cylinder, it needs frequent emptying, but as the mrs does the cleaning it doesn’t affect me 😆

unovolo
    Free Member

My neighbour has one (dont know which) and have seen the Dyson engineer at there house on numerous occasions.
    I have had one of the originals DC01 which I managed to destroy,my mum currently has one which seems to suck well but weighs a ton and the plastics seem fragile.

I’LL stick with my Numatic James for now.

stufive
    Free Member

we have dc one with pet hair tool cant fault it

DickBarton

Had one for about 10 years…been superb. Last year the motor finally went…call to Dyson and the engineer replaced the motor and serviced the whole thing…cost us £75 but got all the detachable bits replaced as well – ‘bag’/accessories/hose – works a treat again.

If the motor hadn’t packed in it would have cost £35 (I think) for the engineer to come out and service the unit (and replace whatever needed replaced)…for something that is 10 years old I reckon it’s a bargain…used at least weekly (we are untidy folk!), but it makes a big difference and works very well.

sas78

We used a Dc14 daily for nine years (two dogs) with minimal maintenance and it’s just had a 70quid Dyson service after the motor went and is going like new again. Superb bits of kit and I like their service approach. Would say there is no alternative we’d consider if it was a terminal packing up of ours!

Mum and Dads DC01 is still going strong since the mid nineties!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Dyson Vacuum Cleaners’ is closed to new replies.