Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dyson question
  • zippykona

Has anyone gone from a full size upright to one of their compact models?
    In the specs it says the compact ones only have half the suck power.
    Also does a compact one have enough reach to to do a set of stairs?

CountZero

Never used a Dyson, but isn’t the idea with the compacts you bring it up the stairs with you, just sitting it on a stair behind as you vacuum? Like I say, never used one, but that’s the impression I got from their ads.

footflaps

Last time I looked there was virtually no difference in vacuum pressure between uprights and compacts with Dysons.

eskay

I can recommend the rechargeable dc44.since getting ours we have not used the dc07.

I used to work for them and still have friends who do and they say it is the best thing they have ever sold.

itsmygame
    Free Member

Throw away dyson, then buy gtech air ram …….they r awesome ( as far as vacs go anyway)

zippykona

In the blurb it says dc 24 has suction power of 100aw , where as the dc 14 has 280aw suction.
    What does that mean in the real world?

eskay

Air Watts are measurements of useful power so the DC14 is almost three times as powerful as the DC24.

petefromearth

Go for one of the handhelds like dc44. You’ll be amazed how good they are and so much less faff. Dc44 is based on dc35 but higher power and better battery.

footflaps

The DC39 and Dc32 Animal compact models have 280AW, so it must vary model by model.

eskay

you don’t need all of those air watts, it is a marketing thing.

DC44 is ace

tarquin
    Free Member

We have had a DC35 for 18 months and are happy with it. Makes it very easy to vacuum, just grab it and go, no heavy awkward unit to lug about. Not a chore to get out, by the time i would have got our old one from under the stairs with the DC35 I’ve got it out, cleaned and put it away. We only have a small house and don’t have thick shag carpet. Just do rooms as and when they need doing, only an issue if you wanted to do a lot at once the battery may not last.

MIL liked ours so much she bought one. Easy for old people to do the stairs and carry upstairs too.

Makes doing the car easy too!

captainscrumpy
    Free Member

Why are you moving from the full size upright?

Our Dyson had lost almost all suction so I opened up the cyclone and found literally kilos of fluff and dust stuck inside it. Like new now.

zippykona

According to the cleaner it made a noise which was followed by smoke.
    Maybe time for a new one.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dyson question’ is closed to new replies.