• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by br.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dyson fans – how much!
  • JohnnyPanic

Hoping someone can help with their experiences or alternative suggestions here.

My other half wants a Dyson fan to keep the bedroom a bit cooler in summer months. Our normal (desk type) fan keeps me awake so is no use and the assumption is that the Dyson is silent…

I just can’t get my head around the asking price though.
    Can they possibly be worth it?

bensales
    Free Member

I’ve got one. They’re not silent but they are extremely quiet, so fine to sleep with. No way worth the money but a nice piece of design.

cheers_drive

No quieter than a standard fan I’m afraid. Other than looks the only real benefit is it being easy to clean. The market for them is not really the UK where they get a few days use a year but in hot countries where they are in use all the time so looks are important.

Mackem

I’ll stand in the corner shouting “Come on you Dyson”. I’m not very cool but I’m cheap.

Daffy

Try a large diameter, slow rotation fan or a ceiling fan.

DezB
    Free Member

Normal fan + earplugs? You can thank me later

twinw4ll
    Free Member

We have a tower fan, bought from Tesco a couple of years ago, very quiet and i think it was about £30.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Can they possibly be worth it?

I doubt it.

JohnnyPanic

Cheers guys. I’m afraid I find earplugs too noticeable to wear in bed, so they stop me from sleeping well. We’ll have to find a cheaper quiet fan I think.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Ceiling fans are quiet and move the air better.

thepurist

I’m afraid I find earplugs too noticeable to wear in bed, so they stop me from sleeping well. We’ll have to find a cheaper quiet fan I think.

Or try some different earplugs? Quies do the trick for me.

br
    Free Member

Do you already keep the window (and door) open to give some ‘draught’?

Maybe put the fan out on the landing?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dyson fans – how much!’ is closed to new replies.