Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dynamo-hub users – where do you mount your front light?
  • keithb

Hi all,

I seem to remember a contingent on here going on about the benefits of dynamo hubs, and given I’m commuting daily and went through a fair amount of batteries last year, I’m thinking about fitting a dynamo…

But where do you mount your front light? Most/all the ones I see on the German sites mount to the fork crown, which is not really viable for suspension forks, or canti brakes with a fork mounted cable hanger… Which leaves me a bit stumped!

Suggestions? Also thoughts about wiring also gratefully received..

Cheers,
    Keith

composite
    Free Member

I tend to use mine when I’m bikepacking so I mount it on a extender mount off the handle bar but otherwise I would just have it on the handle bar.

In terms of wiring it just wraps around the fork leg and up to the bar, no black magic at all. To use my UBS interface with the dynamo I have done some cable/plug conversation that I can go into if you are interested?

keithb

The Revo is about the only light with an obvious bar mount… And quite out of my price range!

As it’s only for commuting, was thinking something more like this:
    Axa Pico 30

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I mount my Revo on the bars of my mtb and have made a fork-crown mount for my road bike.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dynamo-hub users – where do you mount your front light?’ is closed to new replies.