Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Dynamo hub Q
  • Andy

Shame – well mine is on the classifieds now. Fabulous bit of kit though – you wont be dissappointed 😀

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Dynamo wiring diagram by Jim Barrow, on Flickr

I have this set up on my bike

Andy

I might have copied that…. 😉

simondbarnes

I have this set up on my bike

I would probably explode my hub and my light if I tried to make that 🙂

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I used to work on an electronics production line thirty years ago so fortunately I have some soldering skills!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/DU3EfE]Been making making a dynamo / charger switch box this afternoon

#bikepacking #TourDivide #diy #electronics #dynamo #charger[/url] by Jim Barrow, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EFibGS]Been making making a dynamo / charger switch box this afternoon

#bikepacking #TourDivide #diy #electronics #dynamo #charger[/url] by Jim Barrow, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/EHyPHT]Been making making a dynamo / charger switch box this afternoon

Home made switch box by Jim Barrow, on Flickr

simondbarnes

When I can afford an e-werk I’ll give you a shout 😉

Andy

I did something similar, but put the cabling into the light mount with the switch at the opposite end. The three wires you see going into the mount are the input from the hub and the output to the power supply, and the output to the light. Next time I’d put the power supply in the light mount as well

(Note small dog supervising 😀 )

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I like it Andy

Andy

Thanks Jim – tbh its a hybrid of several ideas already out there

scotroutes

The Kemo K172 has a switch on it.

With the Revo it’ll cut the LEDs from 4 to 2 (on standlight) so handy as a “dip” switch for oncoming traffic.

Andy

Thanks Scotroutes

So is it just switching off supply to the Revo so the two LEDs are the light effectively in unpowered standlight mode, or is it somehow splitting the current between charging output and lighting output?

Can it supply upto 1.5 AMPs which the E-Werk can?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve got to say both of those set ups are impressive! 🙂

scotroutes

Yes – it’s just leaving the standlight to power the two LEDs.

Max 800mA output from the M172N

Andy

Ah I see – mindyou at £30 its not a bad wee gadget 😀

scotroutes

Aye – £30 and simple to wire up. I got it as a bit of a “see how it goes” thing and it’s been just fine so I’ve not yet got round to changing it.

I have to admit that I’d prefer something more integrated. I initially thought the dynamo would be getting shared between two bikes but that’s not happened.

Andy

Yes spot on – its the integration between power and lighting that still needs further development.
    B&M are pretty good with the Luxos U and Ewerk but they still have their drawbacks. The Luxos U is brilliant but the cache battery is too small, current too low and the light too flimsey for multi-terrain use. The Ewerk battery seems a bit heavy and underpowered for what it is. And they are both pricey.

Need USE to bring out the missing charging bit really and maybe integrate it with one of their smaller lights like the diablo as a cache battery but it will be pricey!!

hummerlicious
    Free Member

That would be nice, last time I spoke to them about it they said it wasn’t at the top of the to do list at the moment

whitestone
    Free Member

Not mine but here’s a switch https://ianbarrington.com/2016/03/08/switch-over/

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Dynamo hub Q’ is closed to new replies.