Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Dynamat
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Is there a cheaper alternative?

garage-dweller

Don’t know but I have a big old roll of it that I would happily dispose of four peanuts. Bought it to reduce exhaust noise from my track car on long road trips, never fitted it and has cluttered up the garage for five years or so.

garage-dweller

Oops double post

molgrips
    Free Member

Garage dweller, would love that. Where are you?

LoCo
    Free Member

Currently looking at Noisekiller for the T4 (entire van) as it’s due back from a full strip and respray soon, any other suggestion would be good too 😀

Will definatly take the Dynamat off your hands if Molgrips doesn’t want it 😉

daveh
    Free Member

Seem to remember fitting something called ‘brown bread’ for that very reason.

garage-dweller

Molgrips, Hampshire near Portsmouth.

It would post easily though.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Have a look at the car audio direct web site they sell an equivalent product to dynamat

If on a very tight budget go down to your local builders merchant and pick up some flashband

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

four peanuts

Back off Molly, first come, first served!

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol 🙂

is it enough for a whole car g-d? I guess I’ll take it anyway if you only want peanuts 🙂 email in profile ta.

garage-dweller

It might well be enough for a car depends how big I guess.

Drop you an email shortly, should have dimensions on the box.

molgrips
    Free Member

Depends on how much of the car I can b bothered to strip out!

GolfChick
    Free Member

I’ve previously used the roofing stuff from Bnq instead of dynamat and know a few other people that have and it’s done just as good a job.

garage-dweller

Ygm logging off shortly but will check email tomorrow at some point.

molgrips
    Free Member

Seen some kind of asphalt roofing type stuff, but it looks quite flammable being made of tar and all…?

LoCo
    Free Member

Bitumen is what alot of the stuff is made of, but it’s heavy and can smell when it gets hot, hence alot have foil backing (as well as for a bit of insulation) think condensation can also be an issue.

I want proper stuff as have spent a fair bit of time and money on the van so far and want it all done properly.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Dynamat’ is closed to new replies.