Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Dylan- which album?
  • Ed2001
    Free Member

So if you had to choose just 1 Dylan album, what would it be?
    Mine- Blood on the Tracks

Always interested in people’s choices and why.
    For me “Blood on the Tracks “is the album that speaks to me the most and I keep returning to,not his most influential but certainly one of his best.
    BTW no you can’t have 2 etc the whole point is that it must be a difficult choice.

RustySpanner

Mine too.

DezB
    Free Member

The only one I’ve got:
    ‘Bringing It All Back Home’

Easy choice for me: Subterranean Homesick Blues & It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

+1 for ” bringing it all back home ” ,but I aslo like ” blonde on blonde ” and the basement tapes , for their sheer anarchy and sense of fun

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve always liked my “Union Jack – There will be no Armageddon” album though I’m really struggling to choose that over a couple of others of my albums.

botanybay
    Free Member

Desire. All Dylans 60s stuff isnt as good as his 70s output I reckon.

surfer
    Free Member

I enjoy his live stuff so Hard Rain or Live at the Budokan for me

Edit: oh yes and Desire.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Desire. It was my Mum’s favourite and I got to hear it that way. So many great songs.

neilthewheel

Phew, tough call. Can I take Bootleg 1-3 Kirstie? If not,might have to be The Times They Are a Changing.

noteeth
    Free Member

1. Blood on the Tracks.
    2. Desire (apart from ‘Mozambique’, which is fugging annoying).
    3. Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid soundtrack.

Ed2001
    Free Member

1. Blood on the Tracks.
    2. Desire (apart from ‘Mozambique’, which is fugging annoying).
    3. Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid soundtrack.

So which 1 are you going for noteeth?

noteeth
    Free Member

So which 1 are you going for noteeth,the rule is just 1 album.

I don’t follow no goddamn rules. 8)

But… Blood on the Tracks [probably] gets my vote.

oldboy
    Free Member

Does the double Greatest Hits album count? 🙂

No, I know it doesn’t, but I really wouldn’t want to define this musical genius by naming a single album.

crewlie

If I have to choose then Blood on the Tracks as well. It was the first of his that I bought as it was released and has so many memories for me wrapped around it’s songs.

xterramac
    Free Member

Id say for most it has to be, Blood on the tracks. However I was lucky enough to find a limited edition live at the gaslight cd in NYC, while on holiday. That’s the best Dylan album for me. 😀

MrSmith
    Free Member

Blood on the tracks. So much spite and vitriol poured upon some woman.
    What’s not to like?
    😕

matt_outandabout

Go for a ride in the right place and you can bump into him and have a natter.
    I thought he was just some old biffer out wandering in the woods… The chap with me had to enlighten me as we pedalled off…

merynella
    Free Member

Well his heart is in the Highlands.

Ed2001
    Free Member

Yes greatest hits would count, the rule is just one album that’s all.I wouldn’t go for greatest hits because I don’t listen to Dylan like that I listen to his albums but that’s just a personal thing.
    I suspect the choices reflect the ages of many people on singletrack,if this was a SAGA forum I wonder if people would be choosing an album from the 60s.I think its that first album of his that you heard that made you go wow!

merynella
    Free Member

Highway 61 Revisited
    Slow Train Coming
    Christmas In The Heart
    Planet Waves

Love And Theft

ds3000
    Free Member

Over the years I’ve probably listened to The Bootleg Series, Volume 4: Live 1966: The “Royal Albert Hall” Concert most.

oldboy
    Free Member

I never listen to Dylan albums in their entirety now my music is all on my NAS in FLAC codec. I think we need a favourite tracks thread for those, like me, who can access their entire collection through their remote,

OK, if I had to play the full album it would be Blood On The Tracks!

merynella
    Free Member

Anyone who loves Blood On The Tracks should try and get hold of the earlier versions of most of the tracks – similar but a gentler, more melancholy mood to most of them. Some are on the bootleg series.

slowoldman

Desire – including Mozambique.

jaylaz73

Street Legal. It’s the album of his I have listened to the most since I was fifteen. I love all the others too, he’s a genius!

failedengineer

Desire for me.

greenstix7
    Free Member

The wife’s going for Blood on The Tracks, i like Highway 61……

Big catalogue to choose from!

yossarian
    Free Member

I like John Wesley Harding quite a lot.

jaylaz73

John Wesley Harding. Lyrically and musically astounding.

greenstix7
    Free Member

Yeah JWH is great.

jaylaz73

It seems his heart is in the highlands, does he still own a house up there? Blonde on Blonde? Another favourite of mine.

failedengineer

Damn! I forgot John Wesley Harding – I can recommend Thea Gilmore’s cover of the whole album, by the way.

botanybay
    Free Member

Nashville Skyline is pretty perfect, forgot it was done at the arse end of the 60s.

lapdog
    Free Member

Highway 61 Revisited. Dylan at his absolute best – every song on it is a masterpiece in my opinion.

landofgiants
    Free Member

Stuck inside of mobile with the memphis blues again. Longest song title I know, off my favourite album. Blonde on blonde.

warton
    Free Member

Desire for me.

neilthewheel

Stuck inside of mobile with the memphis blues again. Longest song title I know

You’re forgetting “several species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a pict”. Though that’s nothing to do with Dylan of course.

DezB
    Free Member

Highway 61 Revisited

CD ordered off eBay 🙂

neilthewheel

Do you think Dylan likes toast?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Desire foe me. Sarah is simply the the best love song written for my money.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Dylan- which album?’ is closed to new replies.