Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dyfi Forest Freeride
  • MadPierre

I've ridden the cli-machx trail before and couldn't help but notice the bit of shore joining the last descent. I'm off there again this weekend and was wondering:

How much freeride stuff is there?
    What's it like?
    How do I get to it? (the most important bit!)

Anyone help?

… oh and any photos or video?

As a lap is pretty short thought finding and having a play on some new stuff might be fun?

grievoustim
    Free Member

the bit you mean is just a short section of woodwork if I remember correctly- its a shortcut for people who want to "session" the final descent

there may be loads of secret stuff in the forest, but I'm not local so couldn't say where

s8tannorm
    Free Member

There isn't much shore type stuff, just a 100yd short cut onto the final descent … watch out for the wall ride in the wet 😉

Stuart

MadPierre

Oh so "There’s also plenty of informal free-riding in the forest, but it isn’t waymarked" that I've read here and there on the net isn't really true then?

How do you get to the shortcut to session the final descent?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How do you get to the shortcut to session the final descent?

Ride to the aerial at the top of the hill.

kimbers

yep just fire road it up to the top and follow your nose

dreednya

To get to the aerial you need to peel off on to the forestry road that bears to the left about two/thirds of the way up to the first piece of singletrack. It is after the fire road sitchbacks and just as the fire road levels off before heading up again to the first singletrack section. Once on it, carry on all the way up to the end, past the mast and to where the fire road stops and you will see the entrance to a small piece of singletrack that ends on the final descent and the wall ride section :D. Only takes about 5 minutes or so to get there, or less if you drive up (as I've seen some parties of downhillers do!).

dreednya

As you ride round the ClimachX trail you will see some of the other ideing as tracks that peel off or come onto the fire roads. They have been extensively used by the Dyfi Enduro – but be warned, it is very easy to get lost up there or end up at the very bottom of the hill. You can see many of them on Youtube/Vimeo – try searching for Dyfi – Elephant and Dyfi – Builth descent to name a couple.

dreednya

Elephant – http://vimeo.com/3251482

Builth Descent – http://vimeo.com/3242651

Elephant is the easiest to find as it starts on the left hand side of the fire road at the top of the ClimachX descent about a 100 yards back up the fire road from the beginning of the Final Descent. It throws you out on to the fireroad climb between singletrack sections 2 and 3 of the ClimachX trail, so you won't get lost. It is not too technical, though the first stretch of single/doubletrack terminates in a left-hand right angle turn into a steeper chute before throwing you out onto a rooty section before the fire road, Great fun, especially at night :D.

PJ266
    Free Member

As Mr Reed says, there is ALOT of riding in the dyfi that is not waymarked, some of it rather excellent fun 😀 but it is very easy to get lost if you dont know your way.

MadPierre

Cheers dreednya

dreednya

No probs :o). Hope you manage to ride at least one of them.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dyfi Forest Freeride’ is closed to new replies.