Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 117 total)
  • Dyfi Enduro Roll Call/Weather Watch/Tyre Thread
  • sheldona
    Free Member

Right ive decided. I'm being antiniche and ghey and bringing some bounce and gears with tyres on. Can I still pretend to laugh with you guys at dons indian hilarity even though we heard it last friday night. May do some hill walking too. Mat, any particular colour frock you'd like me in ?

Don't be thinking you're going to ride/walk with us bring some ghey FS thing with gears on, you're soooo over biked.

If you do laugh you'll be the only one.

Pah,

ilikebikes
    Free Member

WTB Weirwolf's should be ok you reckon?

TheSwede
    Free Member

Ayatollahofniche
    Don't be thinking you're going to ride/walk with us

Well put it another way. May I wait with everyone else for you at the top or do I need a single speed for that too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bullandbladder
    Free Member

Cove Stiffee, whatever tyres are on it now – cant remember, tent, beer, acoustic gee-tar.

sheldona
    Free Member

Lol, yawn……….

njm

I'll be there. Currently trying to decide between Maxxis High Rollers (2.3s), and Fire XC Pros (2.1s). I might end up using one of each.

And given I managed to come last last time I did the Dyfi, and last at Whinlatter earlier this year, I expect I'll be behind all of you 🙂

> Do they use some lot of the Climachx or are the descents mostly 'off
    > piste' stuff in the forest?

Last time I did it there was one bit of the Climax done backwards, but the rest was 'off piste'.

sofaking
    Free Member

swede . that little pink number got me quite excited , but if you have anything a little more revealing that would be good.
    but dont make it too slutty 😈

shinsplints

DMR Trailstar with 2.35 High Rollers. Falling off down the "Elephant" (first descent) like last year. 😀

MikeWW
    Free Member

Trek 8500 or Kinesis XC Pro3(if it arrives next Friday and I manage to get a head set fitted) 2.25 Nobb Nic front, Racing Ralph rear
    Last year did ss rigid with Conti Verts. Bike was good but span out too much 32:17 and punctured 100m into the first descent(my mates warned mt that the Verts were puncture magnets there)At least its more gentle climbing than the lakes

PJ266
    Free Member

Elephant isnt the first descent 😉 Elephants the flat out rutted one with gorse either side, not in the trees. I know the first descent as "the footpath"

shinsplints

Ah yh. It's been rutted as **** lately. Especially when you drop down around the corner. Good times ! 😀

CaptainBudget
    Free Member

Silver Specialized Hardrock, AberMTB (red and black) jersey, fastest rolling tyres I can find in the shed (I HATE the dyfi forest fireroad climbs 👿 )

Probs towards the back as I'm taking it easy. Last year I sprinted it, got to the feed station and practically collapsed. I'd pushed myself to the stage I couldn't turn the pedals. 🙁

addy6402

Probably on a Prophet with Conti Verts…looking forward to it 😆

swainey
    Free Member

this is my first event ever 😯 and im riding this

senorj

I'm riding me Sub 5 – down on friday……
    How many michelin stars does the curry house have?
    J.

Surfr
    Free Member

None but ynys hir has 1 star just out of Mach. About 50 quid per head for the tasting menu.

Picto
    Free Member

Ti 456 with a pair of Captain Controls. Wavered over borrowing a 29er but decided on the small wheels and bike I know best.

Is it worth heading there Saturday afternoon and soaking up the atmosphere/beer? PRobably heading there on my own as riding buddies have not bothered entering.

sofaking
    Free Member

definately worth getting there on Sat as its usually a nice relaxed atmosphere . plenty of people around to chat to.

quite a few little groups go for a little ride out too on sat pm

foxyrider
    Free Member

Half thinking of doing it on my HT vs Five – do you think my arse will be pummled and will I enjoy the descents less?

dazh

Cotic BFe with a Kenda BG on the front and a kenda karma on the back. I was going to do it on a Spesh Epic but it felt like a gate the last time I rode it.

Second time for me, did it a couple of years ago and missed the entries last year so really looking forward to it. I just hope I can shake off the cold and sinus infection I've had for the last week in time.

I've persuaded a few mates to do it this year too so hope I haven't over-hyped it too much!

chiefP
    Free Member

All systems go this year after missing it in 09 😀

Scott Spark 20 with Racing Ralph F+R, im sooo looking forward to it now.

Whyte1
    Free Member

Whyte E120
    Michelin XCR Dry 2 2.0 f+r or
    Bontrager XDX 2.1 f+r or
    Maxxis Advantage f + crossmark r ??????????????????
    which ever i pick they'll be tubeless

i am Whyte1 and i have a tyre fetish

timber

Considering my allegiance to Team Faff for this outing, it shall be the least maintained bike with the venerable IRC Kujo DH tyres, still only just worn in after god knows how long on various bikes. This may change though for the most complex bike with tyres that I am still waiting for to turn up and have never tried before.

Swainey – highly recommend some tubes, Dyfi has never been tyre friendly

PJ266
    Free Member

highly recommend some tubes, Dyfi has never been tyre friendly

Due to me being lazy and not sorting out my tubeless I went through 3 tubes there this sunday 🙁

postierich
    Free Member

Sunn Enduro SS 2.2 Rubber Queens riding to win!
    Number of the curryhouse please for friday night!

Looking @ the weather will be taking the mud x to, as the RQ have limited tyre clearance!

njm

> Cotic BFe with a Kenda BG on the front and a kenda karma on the back. I
    > was going to do it on a Spesh Epic but it felt like a gate the last time
    > I rode it.

Will it have gears on by then? 🙂

Supertackysteve
    Free Member

orange p7 with supertacky front and highroller rear – prob not the best choice but it's all i have and no money to change it.

I do have an entry spare for a female as sister in law cant make it due to work commitments. text me on 07830136882 if anyone interested. Steve.

Simple
    Free Member

last year, my time was over 6 hours, not bad for my first ever event. baptism of fire though!

I'll be camping from Saturday night. Red/faded to pink old audi 80 estate, big tent. silly springer spaniel dog nearby.

come and say hello as I don't know anyone and it's my birthday weekend 🙂

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Whyte E120
    Michelin XCR Dry 2 2.0 f+r or
    Bontrager XDX 2.1 f+r or
    Maxxis Advantage f + crossmark r ??????????????????
    which ever i pick they'll be tubeless
    i am Whyte1 and i have a tyre fetish

Forget the tyre fetish-what about entering as a laydee???

Maxxis are the future like milk mate!

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

njm-what bike are you on? Think I might challenge you to the Lantern Rouge.

Don't think we'll be last anyway judging by number of peeps heading for curry house the night before!

Like bears in the woods;-)

whytetrash

Ginster I'm sure he will buy some more tyres before then…and matching grips…such a tart he missed out on a night ride last night just because he'd not seen his mrs for a fortnight!

Whyte1
    Free Member

we'll be fine after our nice meal and hotel rooms for the night non of that camping sh_t for me – oh yes which grips ??? 😆

stevemakin
    Free Member

Trek Fuel EX9, Maxxis Argents, Joplin seatpost 😉

Penmachno on the Sat, pitching tent sometime Sat night, beer, curry, bed

First Dyffi for about 4 years now, looking forward to it and seeing some old familiar faces

🙂

whytetrash

Camping toughens you up H :wink:….flew round the local loop in 2hrs last night..so dry its ace..need to plan travelling for sat ASAP

BillOddie

According to Metcheck this morning (they may have changed their minds already) between 10am and 1pm, it'll be 5C (feels like -1C) and sleeting.

Awesome.

Bring yer knee warmers!

votchy
    Free Member

weather outlook is cold (10 degrees) and windy (30+mph gusts from the north)

Nick

I'm going to believe the BBC forecast

Cloudy with outbreaks of rain or showers on Friday and Saturday, becoming drier on Sunday with only a few scattered showers. Becoming much colder too, with northerly winds.

Shall enjoy putting up the new tent, for the first time, in the forecasted heavy rain, on Friday night. Or might wait and travel up on Saturday….

dazh

Will it have gears on by then?

It certainly will, although given the parlous state of my respiratory system at the moment I doubt they'll be much help!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I'll be there with the rest of the Bandito Allstars in an HUGE blue tent
    Thorn Raven Enduro with Rohly speedhub and Mag Thors. Running 2.5" Weirwolf and 2.3" Motoraptor.

and it'll be lovely weather. It always is 🙂

njm

ginsterdrz- I'll be on a red Specialized FSR XC

Simple – That makes me a feel a lot better about my chances of finishing, when I did it a couple of years ago I did it in 5 hours something I was last and they were mopping up behind me!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 117 total)

The topic ‘Dyfi Enduro Roll Call/Weather Watch/Tyre Thread’ is closed to new replies.