Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Dyfi Enduro
  • uselesshippy
    Free Member

6400 feet of climbing, followed by a 4.5 hour drive home, and I’m officially broken.
    Great day though, and a big thanks to the organisers and marshals.

Clover

That was the hardest Dyfi I’ve done. Couldn’t see. The misted glasses had to be jettisoned and then the gritty eyes were half closed for most of it. Don’t think I did too badly – someone yelled fifth lady at me at the top of World Cup. And ‘she’s very muddy’. But I felt like death up the fire roads. Lots of slatey goodness on the way down though 🙂

chipps

Ace day out as always. Story and a few pics up now. Great to chat to a few people on the way round.
    http://singletrackworld.com/2015/05/a-gritty-but-cheery-dyfi-enduro/

nuke

My first Dyfi done…loads to love but it was a tough ride with the added extra of being ‘convinced’ by the beer marshals to do the long route (although that did mean I got to do one of the driest sections of singletrack on the route before the final mudfest)

Great atmosphere and well run. Thumbs up to all the spectators lining the route in town and all the high 5s with the kids 🙂

…and thanks Chipps for a go on the electric fatbike

So one question, even on the dry years, do those big puddles on many of the trails on the route ever really dry out?

kimbers

Was it you throwing some shapes for the ska band at the top of the 1st climb in the rain ?

Russell96
    frogstomp

Tough but fun.. if ever there was an ‘enduro’ that warranted goggles – this was it! 😉

kristoff
    Free Member

My first Dyfi, thoroughly enjoyed it despite destroying a pair of Oakleys on the first loose rocky descent!

Think I should of pushed harder on the climbs but not knowing what to expect I took it steady, drove for four hours back to Somerset and today my legs feel fine, may go for a ride this evening.

Pleasure to meet Chipps and Clover.. That well deserved chilli afterwards helped 🙂

xc-steve
    Free Member

Great event second one for me first time on a fun bike makes it so much better! Sorry to anyone I scared on the downhills by passing! It sure made it more interesting finding a suitable spot.

What was everyone’s favorite DH? Think the one which ended at the bar was the best.

kristoff
    Free Member

I really enjoyed world cup, much steeper than I had anticipated from pictures/videos but alot of fun when there was some clear space in front.

postierich
    Free Member

Its was filthy but perfect Temp to ride around in filth! The Puffin loved the course probable the fastest I have been round in 4:19 🙂 Dance till one then legs decided not to play ball!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it, room a wrong turn on the last descent as someone had crashed into the arrow and the Marshall hadn’t stood it up so I rode elephant again.

Still managed 3:55 for the long route though, so pretty happy with that. Plus it was my mates first and he promised to return

superfli
    Free Member

Putting up the tent and standing under my mates VW tailgate in the pouring cold rain, I was thinking this is going to be a nightmare!! But a gap in the rain on Sat afternoon allowed for a lap of the Summit trail at NyA – everyones spirits rose 100% 🙂 Yeah, it chucked it down Sat night/morning, but by then we knew it was going to be a muddy one, and the rain subsided for the start.
    Unfortunately we joined the startline at about 10:55, right near the back. Previous years I’d got to fairly close to front (well, in the trees anyway). It meant we got held up by complete standstill on first road climb, and then a massive queue and pretty much walk down first descent. We werent too bothered TBH as the idea was to take it easy and enjoy. That didnt last long though and we got a good pace going, passing loads of people on 2nd climb up to the top of open hill. Smashed it down the descent and my mate punctured 🙁 Frogstomp and Kimbers sailed passed as I waited for my buddy – it seemed like ages! That and the start meant we werent going to make the cut. Bummer, because we both felt great for the remainder. Missed the cut by 30mins.
    I felt better than any other year, no cramp, plenty of gas left in the tank, so very pleased to see my fitness improving each year. I ended up with same time as last year, but short route only (last year was long) 4:30. I’m pretty sure I would have beaten last years time given more fortune and starting closer to front.
    Great event and will definitely be there next year 🙂

tomaso
    Free Member

It was great considering how much it rained in the night and morning, but the last sections were muddy gloop. Took it fairly steady to avoid repeat performance of last years blood letting knee gashing antics.

Shame there was no bicycle jousting or ring of fire.

kimbers

Saw a few photographers anyone have any links ?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Team Bont on Facebook have a load up

nickhart
    Free Member

Dan Wyre was at the top of the world cup descent, I haven’t found mine on his site yet but the link is here

johnny

First attempt here, I actually enjoyed the climbs, quite good once I got into a rhythm. I’d be interested to know who cleared a couple of those singletrack climbs- especially the one which seemed to have suffered in the rain!

If that was the wettest, I’d like to have a go in drier conditions. Beer was excellent too…

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Dyfi Enduro’ is closed to new replies.