Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • DX Torch issue
  • AlteredCarbon
    Free Member

One of my DX MTE SSC P7 (phew!) torches is playing up a bit – when it first switches on it gives the 'full' power, but then quickly dims and goes to approx 2/3rds power across all of the modes. I've tried it with 4 different batteries and compared it with my other DX, so it's definitely the torch. Had a look inside and can't see anything obviously wrong and nothing appears to be 'loose'.

Anyone else had a similar issue and how did you resolve?

IamSam
    Free Member

mine does this too, but not all the time and has seemed to stop now. Not much help I know but it did seem to be alot worse when the weather was damper

Liftman

Take them appart an put on a radiator or somewhere hot, with the wet weather dampness gets into them and they start to play up.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

If that dosn't help, send it back to DX and get another on warrenty, I've just done it with a battery pack for the bastid light that got wet and stopped working.

takisawa2

Try dissassembling the tail cap. Sharp pair of scissors in the two holes & unscrew. There are two parts to unscrew like this. Gave the bits a wipe over & re-built & its been fine since.

Northwind

Yup, it's almost certainly the tail cap. Even tightening it a little using the correct purpose built tool (one of those big 3 inch paperclips bent to shape) will probably fix it. Very easy.

AlteredCarbon
    Free Member

Excellent replies – thanks!

I've dissassembled the tail cap, given the silver ring a sand down to improve the contacts as it was looking a little dull, reassembled and viola – all working perfectly again.

Cheers!

Johnboy373
    Free Member

Im getting this problem with my bike light. Its doing my head in.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘DX Torch issue’ is closed to new replies.