Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • DX lights
  • Harry_the_Spider

I’ve got an ancient halogen NiteRider Trail Rat which works OK as a light but the battery charging procedure is something of a pain. Also, it won’t fit on my CX bars. So I’m looking for something that will do the job without skinting me out.

How are people getting on with the DX then?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Have a wee search – two or three threads in tha last week

singletracksurfer

superb. 2 easy (o-ring) mounts come with it too.

montylikesbeer

giving mine a go tonight, all looks good so far, no swarf, O rings look ok,charger does not over heat.

Mind you this is only a stop gap until my Troutie 200 lm beast come in a few weeks.

bristolsurfer
    Free Member

Does the DX bracket fit onto oversized bars?

Hooter
    Free Member

I tried mine last night. Worked just great, no overheating. bristolsurfer, yes they fit oversized fine.

lowey

2 of my riding buddies have them. Very impressed. Brighter than my old Trailtech HID with a 13w bulb.

Battery fits nicely to the frame too, hidden away between the top and down tube.

For the money, I would think you would struggle to beat them. I'm still going to buy a Trout one though when my HID packs up.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

My charger melted the first time it was used – I'm still waiting for a reply from DX 😥

CountZero

There are two easily swappable fat o-rings, which fit both size bars. They're quite hard to stretch round the bar, but they stay put once in place. Good light, nice and neat, strong centre spot with outer halo for trail edges. Frankly, VFM is incredible, compared to Smart lights or Cateye prices. I'll be getting one of Trout's lights, but that's a whole different league, and possibly a bit too much for road use, whereas the DX is good for commuting. You honestly can't go wrong with it. I've got a DX Aurora torch with the same P7 emitter, which I also use with a home-made bracket, and helmet mounted with Velcro straps. One of those, with several spare 18650 batteries and a charger will still cost around the same as the Bike Light, but is perhaps a little more versatile. Or you could use both.

CountZero

Further to the above, here's a pic of my bike's 'bars with my pub visiting light set-up: a Knog Toad, and my DX P7 torch. It's got half a foam drop-bar grip pushed on, and the bracket is a piece of PVC waste pipe with a piece cut out of the top, and a Lumicycle bracket bolted underneath. Works perfectly, and allows swivelling as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘DX lights’ is closed to new replies.