Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • DX light – some measurements
  • chriswilk
    Free Member

Hi,

I've just got a DX light delivered and as I have access to a lab with calibrated light meters I did some quick measurements….

I set the light shining onto a piece of white card (expensive, optical white card) with reflection of 96%) from a distance of 1m.
    The illuminance of the card from the brightest (centre) part was about 1500Cd/m2.
    Using a lux meter placed at a distance of 1m from the light, the lux measured was ~5000 Lux.

It is very difficult to convert these numbers to Lumens, as lumen is a measure of total light output. The lensing, etc strongly affect this.

I don't know how this compares with other lights as I don;t have any to measure.

Just thought someone may be interested….

Chris

racing_ralph
    Free Member

official stw light tester?

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Interesting, B+M (& germans?) measure their lights in lux, but I think they do it at 10m

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    robinbetts
    Free Member

I measure the brightness by holding the light 1m away from my eyes, turning it on for 10 seconds, then measuring the size of the coloured splodge on my vision, and also the pain (on a scale of 1 to 10).

chriswilk
    Free Member

ooOOoo,

so if they really measure it at 10m then, to compare, the DX light is ~50Lux at 10m as it's a square law thing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘DX light – some measurements’ is closed to new replies.