Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • DX light charger and charging regime
  • keppoch

My DX light has just arrived, all looks pretty good and quick in office test looks bright! For all those waiting I reckon it has been about 6 weeks since ordering and a week since I got a message to say it had been dispatched. As expected it is though rather light on instructions leading to a few questions…

1. Do I need to charge before use and if so how long does it take and how do I know when it is fully charged?

2. The included charger is for a overseas socket, can I buy a replacement unit anywhere that would have a 3 pin UK socket and plug into the battery (negative or positive polarity of plug?) I have seen a few melted versions on here so would like to do that.

3. If 2. is not possible then what is the converter type I need to plug the supplied charger into?

Thanks,

keppoch.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Ok
    Firstly it will be partly charged mine charged to full in less than an hour first time and about 4 hours after
    A standard US/UK adapter will be fine to sort out the plug OR a shaver socket

uplink
    Free Member

You shouldn't have any trouble replacing the the PSU/charger

what details are on it?

Output
    n? V
    nnn? mA

keppoch

On the charger it says:

Li-Ion charger
    Model: GFP302-0512
    Input: 100-240V 50/60Hz
    Output: DC 8.5V/1800mA

At the other end is a plug, a jumbo version of the type Nokia phones charge through.

Would just be good to have a power solution that doesn't involved adaptors.

keppoch.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The adaptors are fine. Stop worrying.

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Adapters are also cheap!

Gordy
    Free Member

Running mine off an adapter as well. It hasn't gone on fire but I'm not sure I'd leave the ruddy thing on overnight anyway. :O)

Smee
    Free Member

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘DX light charger and charging regime’ is closed to new replies.